on 16 June 2009
I've just started making Fimo jewellery and needed a varnish to finish pieces off. This varnish is very easy to apply, non sticky, goes on very smoothly and dries to the touch after just 20 minutes. Given a full 24hours to harden it gives a lovely, clear and hard finish that's just right.
on 24 August 2011
I used this to coat air-dry clay and it worked perfectly. No complaints at all and would definitely re-purchase if needed.
on 18 December 2011
This product is very good at its job - it creates a lovely shiny finish once applied. I was also very happy with the delivery time - it came before expected. Something worth mentioning however is that the lid is in fact black, not orange. This did not bother me but some might like to know. Overall, I'm very happy with this product.
on 25 May 2013
This was bought in conjunction with a clay set for my daughter, it gives a very nice finish to the finished product, which in my daughters case was jewellery beads. 5 stars awarded because I cannot find any fault. I would recommend this to anyone using the Fimo clay.
on 28 June 2012
This glaze is really great, I have bought this before and managed to glaze about 200 fimo creations with one pot! It is not amazingly shiny which in my opinion is quite good and if you make a mistake when glazing you can easily pick it off and redo, Love it!
on 18 September 2014
Very good, gives a good gloss coat. I have not tested it for durability ie on making fimo beads for bracelets, coating with varnish and subjecting to wear and tear. So will not give it a full 5 stars at the moment.
on 2 October 2013
This varnish is very easy to apply, not thick or too sticky. Does the job well. I use one coat for a slight gloss (similar to a satin gloss) and 2 coats for a shinier finish. Leave 24 hours before applying the second coat.
on 2 May 2014
I use it to varnish some beads I made - after hardening they go very mat and dull. I put only one coat (they recommend two) and the colors just came back to life! It also say that it needs an hour to be touch dry, but I hanged them next to window and was surprise (pleasantly) to find they were dry in 20 min. So I am very happy !
on 11 September 2014
I've used this with Interferrance Violet Pearl-Ex where it worked well, and I'm now just about to test this against floor wax on some little test tiles, with a texture and Cosmic Shimmer 'Enchanted Gold' mica powder (brushed onto raw clay before baking.)
on 7 August 2013
This is the best varnish to use on Fimo, I cannot find it in local craft shops to this seller is very useful, I have ordered another 3 to make sure I do not run out.
Delivery was excellent