Customer reviews

York Fitness Interlocking Floor Guard

on 30 March 2017
Great value exercise mat....but on my carpet it "walks" during use to the point where I have to move it back into position every 10 minutes or so! My normal rugs also walk on my carpet so it is probably more a feature of the carpet than the matting but it is worth considering. In use this matting really cushions my bare feet and also, usefully, reduces the noise of my feet thumping on the floor during exercise!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 June 2016
I brought these mainly due to the brand name as other floor mats had mixed reviews in regards to quality.

My first reaction for these is that they did not come with the carry pack shown in the picture. These were simply shrink wrapped with a cheap plastic which just ripped apart trying to get the mats out. I am unlikely to ever transport these around but it would have been nice to be able to put them away in a tidy way after use.

once on the floor they locked together nicely and they don't slip easily which is ideal for my plans for Bodyweight workouts. However, I made a mistake when looking at the sizing as when placed on the floor the area covered isn't particularly large.

Overall
They do what I want them to be able to do just maybe not as professionally as I had wanted. If I had known this I would have saved some money and brought an unknown brand for effectively the same product.

Either way these in combination with the Darebee workouts will help me get fit without stepping into a gym so win win.
on 27 September 2017
These are great little fitness matts. They give enough cushion for my garage floor to help protect my back when working out, and they also help to keep the cold away from skin contact which is always nice.

Fitting them all together is really easy at first, but its worth watching where you put heavier items as over time they will case the interlocking parts to get squashed and no longer fit together.
on 3 June 2017
If you're looking for these for a home gym, make sure you're on some hard flooring or achingly thin carpet. They mould at the whiff of any weight, I guess the foam could have been a little stronger. And on thick carpet, the mats DO NOT stay interlocked. But, I guess for Iowa or something on a hard floor, or as children's playing mats, theyll do.
on 29 August 2017
The floor guards are sturdy and strong to the point that they do not come apart. I use mine on carpet and have no issues. Measure out your room and work out how many packs you will need.

The best part about them is that they come with borders so that you don't have 'frilly' outsides, it's a perfect square. Looks a lot nicer to the eye.
on 3 June 2017
Use it outdoors to enable floor work with clients. The surface can feel a bit slippery for things like burpees and the interlocking edges can separate with those sorts of exercises too. (need to angle the jigsaw edges more for stronger grip)
Pros: portable, easy enough to put together and robust on an outdoor surface.
on 5 April 2017
I bought 3 packs of these to put in my garage gym setup which is a power rack, adjustable bench and olympic bars/dumbells and plates. Easy to install no adhesive required onto concrete they fit nicely. Minor point not that tough if you leave plates fitted to bars they will compress the tiles. At this price if I had to replace them once a year it is no problem.
on 15 June 2017
My partner and i exercise daily (Weights & HITT) and we are constantly reconnecting up this gym mat. In the future i'll look at buying a bigger single mat
on 14 February 2017
They're not cheap but you'll never regret this purchase. After working out on my rower that is not so light, with me on it (and I'm totally not light!) the carpet is still perfect with no signs.
on 28 February 2017
While it does protect the floor it does nothing for anti vibration. If that is what you need then look elsewhere.