on 7 April 2016
This works like a treat. See my before and after shots! I move it through my hair most mornings, sometimes at night if I am feeling posh. It makes my hair less hobo like. Top product.
review image review image
11 Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2012
Bought as a small gift for my partner, he said the Denman D3M mens' hairbrush was 'OK'. In his language, this means 'I love it'. He has been using an old brush of mine - purple - but the black colour of the Denman is far preferable to him. Also, he never realised before that anyone even made brushes for men. He is delighted. How can I tell all this from a single grunt? Not easy, takes years of practice - but if you're a bloke you'll probably like this product.
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2016
As a follically challenged gentleman of a certain age, my normal monthly visit to the hairdresser consists of "a Number 1 all over please" for which I pay about 20% for the cut while the remaining 80% is a finders' fee. However, towards the end of the month when the hair on my head starts matching the length of my eyebrows, I need a brush to keep it under control - something the Denman does admirably. For me, it only has one minor drawback in that the bristles are mounted quite stiffly into the rubber base and tend to scratch my skull a little. For people with longer and thicker hair growth this should be fine (as I remember from my youth when I owned a similar brush), and hence I'm happy to recommend this to anyone looking for a styling brush.
on 26 March 2011
Rolls Royce of Hairbrushes..Well made..Low to no static charge when brushing hair,Which is a good sign of a professional hairbrush.(Useful Tip.).Run brush under the tap after every use,and you'll never get a build up of loose hair on the brush.It only takes 30 seconds and the brush will last a lifetime.5stars.
on 22 October 2015
The grip feels good in my hand, and the brush seems nice and solid (not going to break accidentally).
The bristles aren't too sharp, but have enough stiffness and nice rounded ends to give a good scratching to my scalp without hurting.
No blobby 'scalp protector' bits to fall off in my hair, leaving nasty sharp points.
The bristle rows are held fairly immovable by the rubber so gives a harder scratch than ones with more flexible rows, but is easier to get the hair out from the bristles. (just a little bit more scratchily immovable and stiff than I like for me so -1 star)
on 11 May 2015
Perfect! I had an old damaged hairbrush, and the gaps between the spikes in the brush were too wide. I was advised by my hairdresser to get this brush and I am very impressed. Price is great too, and I can see it lasting for years. It is also very easy to clean, if you get your hair product in there... just rinse under a very hot tap, and there is no damage caused.
on 30 November 2016
I was looking around for a good styling brush for a while and though that I would try Denmans. As an experienced hairdresser, I can reassure you that this does the job. I feel it would work slightly better if my hair was longer (its currently roughly 5 inches in length) but it still provides a smooth texture and clean finish. I apply some argan oil prior to styling for heat protection and finish by fixing my style in place with Tressemme Hairspray. Working together, they give me the perfect finish which maintains through out the day.
on 22 November 2016
A bit rough for those with shorter hair, this is great for getting through bad hair days. Good rubber handle and doesn't pick up dirt easily, which is ideal for daily use! Works well when styling hair, though other brushes may be more suitable for those with shorter hair, as this doesn't have those small balls on the ends of the bristles.
on 3 March 2014
I expected a lot from this brush as the reviews are very good. However i find the bristles on the brush to be a little bit too sharp. Seems like it has been made more for much longer hair.
on 12 December 2014
For a brush, this is very good. It's firm and very good at spreading promade products evenly through the hair before you start to style it.