on 3 January 2010
A great must have for use with blue ray movies on a ps3 player! A sturdy, well made attractive looking remote that I think is good value for money. I would also reccommend the great packaging and quick service offered by the seller.....
on 9 January 2010
Actually, my title says it all. The Bluray-Remote is a have to if you use your PS3 for watching Movies, listening to CD's or whatever. The Remote has all the functions you need and more. It's so much more comfortable than the controller where I often hit "Last Chapter" instead of "Rewind" because I got confused with the shoulder buttons. Funny thing is, that because it's a remote, you point the thing towards the PS3, although you don't have to, because it's Bluetooth.
on 7 April 2009
I brought one of the third party mini remotes when I first purchased my PS3 and it was pretty awful. So I decided to buy the Sony one and have no regrets. It works really well, doesn't need a USB dongle like some others and it matches my Sony TV & Sony Home Cinema system remotes too.

If you use your PS3 for DVD & Blu-Ray then buy one of these now.
on 20 April 2011
I decided on a PS3 rather than an X-Box 360 because the PS3 doubles up as a blu ray player. Only snag is that it's a pain to use a normal controller to watch movies, however, this remote makes it simple.
on 4 February 2010
as the title says a must have for ps3 owners if you watch a lot of dvd's, 1000 times easier than using a control pad. comes with 2 aa batteries and takes seconds to pair up, its that easy a child could do it.

oh and for the folk whinging that it turns your ps3 on when you touch any button why don't you just switch it off at the back its not hard to do. problem solved.

if you're think of getting one i fully recommend you do.
on 13 February 2010
Very handy bit of kit. The amount of times I would knock the sensitive shoulder buttons on the PS3 controller and fast forward or remind the movie I was watching was infuriating.
Have to agree with the others here though and mention its a bit odd that any button turns the system on. Personally I think it should only have been the PS button that does that. Not really a big deal though, just have to keep it out of the way of my toddler daughter and everything is fine!
on 2 December 2010
If you use your PS3 to watch DVDs then this is a must have accessory. Tried a 3rd part piece first but it was nowhere near as good. go for the real thing and buy Sony.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2011
What can I say about this that hasn't already been said? Fantastic remote for the PS3. While there are others out there a bit cheaper, at the special price I got this (£14.99) it just made sense to go for the branded one.

Once it's paired on blutooth it does what it says it does. And that's all I wanted, no hassle.

I saved £10 compared to other places like PC World so a bargain as far as I can see.
on 6 March 2011
I needed a user friendly remote control for my PS3 slimline.
I diid have a smaller,cheaper one that failed after a few months.
This remote control is very good as it responds quickly and has a good range.
I have only used it for DVD'S at this time and it has a lot of functions including Blu-Tooth capatability.
A very useful remote control and one I would highly recommend.
on 16 January 2012
good quality, fast delivery, great product, easy to use, easier than the game console standard remote, so this is much better to use, would recommend