Customer reviews

Bad Mother's Handbook [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 24 June 2017
good fun film about teenage problems
on 14 April 2009
I just received this movie yesterday, and I watched it twice. even my hubby liked it :) This is a very touching story and it's real & relatable. I loved Robert Pattinson in this film. So far of all the movies I have seen of him, he has proven to be a very versatile actor. He's very talented. (and only he could make the big glasses and crazy wardrobe sexy!) But the script and of course all the other actors in this film did an exceptional job as well. I would recommend anyone to see this who has not already.
on 27 July 2017
I'm very satisfied.
on 17 March 2007
I watched this on a whim, and I'm glad I did! At first glance I was a bit apprehnsive about Tate's ability to successfully portray a believable character without going over the top and turning to just making us laugh. However, I was surprised at how much she makes you like/dislike/like her character throughout by connecting with us, which is a hard thing to do! But there were some well placed parts which had me laughing lots (the peanuts!) subtly done but added at just the right places to appear seamlessly with the story and not done just for comedy effect. Watching the relationships between all of the characters and what it means to be a 'mum' was beautifully done, and although I can't place exactly what made it such an enjoyable watch which can be watched over and over... I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a film with heart, but also a funnybone.
on 6 February 2009
I love Catherine Tate as an actress and thought this movie would be a great addition to my collection. I also like Robert Pattinson and it became a two for one thing.

I really enjoyed this movie. It was funny, truthful and blunt. I enjoyed the story, cried even, and really liked how well put together it was.
on 25 March 2009
Okay, I'll admit, I bought this because Rob Pattinson is in it. I've fallen for this kind of purchase before too: I get to like an actor or actress, then go buy some his/her previous work, which most likely turn out to be disappointing.

Bad Mother's Handbook is an exception though. It's truely a touchy movie, with the little kick of extraordinary humor. More mature mothers are seasoned actresses, the youngest one is also very spicy. Of course, back the reason of this purchase, Rob was absolutely adorable as geeky Daniel. That man IS talented. Who else can pull that haircut and those glasses off and still take my breathe away? Alright, don't answer.

I recommend this warmly to everyone, especially RPattz fans. This won't be a disappointment. Then again, our man never disappoints.
on 30 January 2009
loved this movie. charlotte is a believable angsty girl. and I love me some vintage Robert Pattinson, which was my main reason for getting the movie, I'll admit it lol
But Catherine Tate is so good in this too- it actually made me laugh and cry. love that. Now I tivo her BBC America show. I'm a fan.
Loved this movie. wow, this isn't very articulate, I shouldn't have written this so early in the morning. oh well...
you'll like it, get it.
on 16 April 2009
OK, OK...I admit I bought this DVD because I was curious to see some pre-Twilight Robert Pattinson... (and he does not disappoint, ladies...) but really it's quite good,sometimes really sad, sometimes extremely funny and with a good plot and pace. Women are the main characters in the story, and the portraits of the 3 generations is really interesting and tender. Plus there's the family secret but I won't say anything here... it's all about searching one's identity and finding one's place in the world. Even if it's basically a comedy it's deeper than it looks. Now there are also great comedic moments. Those who love Robert will just adore him in this part as an awkward young man tripping over his own feet. He's very good and even though you won't find him as sexy as dazzling Edward in Twilight, he just wins you over.
on 7 September 2009
The family dynamic is very great in this film... but the main thing that caught my attention was Robert Pattinson's performance. Most people by now know him as the embodiment of Stephanie Meyer's utterly enchanting and practically flawless vampire, Edward Cullen. Which, is what makes this performance all the more intriguing because here, he plays the antithesis of that character. As Daniel Gale, he is the shy, bumbling, sweet-hearted boy who you can't help but sympathize with as he is thrust into the bedlam that is life and love with a pregnant teen. You can't help but love his character and the level of realness he brings to it.
on 3 June 2009
Wow, what an excelent performance by robert pattinson and actually most of the cast. Pattinson fans like myself are in for a treat with this one as Mr.Pattinson's character is a wonderfully dorky awkward geek. However Catherine Tate was extrememly off-putting. Her accent did not sound convincing and some of her acting was very poor (she sometimes sounded like she was just reading words from a page). The plot is somewhat cringe-worthy and a little too warm and fuzzy in places. All flaws are made up for with Robert Pattinson's hilarious character Daniel Gale.... as I said though; I am incredibly biased.