Customer reviews

Say No to the World
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 May 2013
Brilliant album, great tracks for anyone to enjoy. This is a great gift for anyone, absolutely anyone, quality band, buy.
on 12 February 2008
Saw LostAlone live supporting 30 Seconds to Mars and, for me, they stole the show. Bought the album straight after ~ it's very good ~ great potential for the future too.
on 31 March 2010
Saw this band supporting 30 seconds to Mars, and was really impressed. On strength of that bought the album. Its solid enough but hasnt encouraged repeated play to really win its place deep in my heart, but has some really good moments and shows some promise for future. Still think its gonna grow when I can get Flyleaf and Karnivool off my iPod....
on 14 March 2007
A band who have guts. They write and sing the music that they want and have resisted copying any popular trends, a trap that many bands fall into and whose career is pretty much over within 12 months. Sure, Lostalone are influenced by bands, but their sound is a true rock sound, it's not 'post' this or 'nu wave' that or anything you can add a fancy tag to. It's pure honest rock. And it's good!

The 5 stars is for sheer potential, they have bags of the stuff. The album may not be as slickly produced as say a band with a huge budget and I think that's the only thing one could say that is on the negative side. However, we are left with raw talent here, ambition and a slight arrogance to say 'I'll write a 9 minute epic, I want to and they will not only listen, but they will love it.'

This album is full of supprises, inginuity and trickery. Don't expect to be able to predict what happens next, I'm not sure they knew. Buy the album, support this band, cos if we do the next album will be an absolute blinder.
on 20 April 2008
I saw this band at Give It A Name last year and I was blown away. I went straight out and bought their album.

I wasn't disappointed, there isn't one song on here that I don't like... obviously there are ones better than others, but all in all one of the best investments I have made in years!

Don't even try and think of reasons not to buy this album, just do it... you won't regret it!
on 14 February 2007
The future of English rock music is in safe hands with LostAlone.

The album is bursting with sharp, chopping riffs, catchy chorus lines, shouts, and guitar solos. The drumming is terrific, the rhythm section keep the songs moving along with pace and power, and the melodies in vocals and guitars are superb. Easily my favourite English rock band, think Muse meets Queen with the Iron Maiden stout sensibilities.

Enough superlatives, my fav tracks are Elysium, Genevieve and the riff-tastic Music And Warm Bodies.

Worth checking out live if you are in any doubt, as the band are something else on stage. Packed with energy, the front man Steve Batelle is a whirling dervish of guitar frenzy and snarling vocals, the songs take on another dimension.

I can't recommend this album enough to anyone who likes growling guitars and heavy rock music.
on 12 March 2008
I don't really need to say alot other than I totally agree with the other reviews, this band are destined for big things and actually made 30 Seconds to Mars look quite dull.