on 11 February 2007
I have used quite a lot of genealogy software over the years, but this is definately the easiet one I have used so far. There is no limit to the amount of family members you can add to your tree, and you can create a personal scrapbook for each family member too which is handy to keep all your photos and documents in one place. The charts and reports that you can create using the software are very professional looking. You can change the background, colour, font etc to personlise it even more.

The added content is a nice addition to this package. The printable worksheets are great if you're not quite sure what to ask when youre researching all the information on your family. The 30 day free trial is with the genealogist - I have read alot of positive reviews about this site, but I have yet to sign up to this.

I was extremely suprised with all the content that you get for under £10. I would definately recommend this genealogy pack to anyone who is considering starting their family tree.
11 Comment| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2007
There are so many of these programs on the market these days the choice gets rather bewildering. This package is a fraction of the price of some of the allegedly better-known programs, yet I find it hard to imagine what more anyone would need from genealogy software. Family Tree Legends is easy to use out of the box and is quite intuitive - yet the manual is comprehensive and easy to understand if you get stuck. Easy for the beginner, there's plenty of 'growing room' as you get drawn in to this fascinating hobby and plenty of extras too. Highly recommended.
on 11 February 2009
I am a complete genealogical novice.
My Purchase criteria was software that was simple to load and use,had a simple help section, able to show various styles of tree and be Gedcom compatible as most information web sites are.
I needed software that enabed me to load photos and other sometimes more ambiguous facts to try to bring family members "back to life".
Finally I needed to know if I could print and copy to disc for other family members to share.
Unfortunately reviews didnt seem to help me with this understanding.
Yes this software does all of these tasks and Im still finding out more possibilities.
Seems to be good value when compared to others on the market, not sure what else you would want to do.
11 Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2017
Out of date for win 10
on 11 August 2017
did not work
on 2 June 2017
Very happy
on 24 June 2014
There are some limitations but my mum spent hours on this researching and building our family tree, a nice gift!
on 9 April 2007
I can heartily recommend this software. I have tried others (with varying degrees of frustration) but this one is definitely the easiest to use, most logical, and best value for money of those I have tried. Excellent!
on 21 September 2011
I ordered this product to replace my old copy of Family Tree Maker and was attracted by the specification and price, (Very inexpensive) After ordering I noticed on the photo of the packaging on the screen that in the requirements it did'nt mention Microsoft 7. I phoned the company and they assured me that the original packaging had not yet been updated and I would have no problem with my operating system. The product arrived ahead of promised date and It loaded easily and accepted my data from FTM without any difficulty. I have no criticism to date and can compliment the supplier for the quick and efficient way they handled my enquiry. I wish all companies provided such excellent support.Create Your Own Family Tree Genealogy Suite (PC)
on 23 June 2010
The software, if you manage to install, has a very user friendly interface and is rich in functionality. I have previously used open source and internet based online family tree applications, but this one is probably far better than most of those. The only issue is that it wants you to have a particular microsoft .Net framework version (2.0 SP1) installed on your windows XP. No problem if you haven't installed it because the CD-ROM will install that version for you. However, if you have updated Windows regularly, chances are that you have a later version (3.0 or later) and in this case the installer fails to run. You may need to uninstall V3.0 but if other programs are using it, it is difficult to do that. Technical support (via email, which is quite quick) suggested loading XP in safe mode but it would still not install. Other suggestions are too complicated and I did not want to attempt. However, I managed to install it in a another machine which did not have .Net framework installed. In this case, the program installs and runs exceptionally well. The issue might be affecting only a minority of users but the installer should have been more flexible and no patch is available at product website, hence the 2 stars.
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse