on 21 April 2017
Like several others, I am using this paper to print OS maps to take on walking trips. This paper is streets ahead of printing on "normal" paper. It is very tough and can be folded multiple times without losing any clarity on the fold lines. I also tried to tear it and that proved virtually impossible.
However, I didn't have quite the stunning performance that some others have... the printed map is significantly less "smudgeable" than any other type of paper but it is not completely smudge-proof. If I wet the map and wipe across it the print will smear. However, without rubbing, water will run off the print and the map will dry as good as new.
I am using the inkjet paper in a Lexmark inkjet printer with genuine Lexmark cartridges.
The performance is still sufficiently superior for me to continue to use this paper over normal paper or laminating. (The laminated maps are 100% wipe clean but can be unwieldy on a walk as they can't be folded - plus they aren't as easy to write on).
4 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2017
This stuff is great! It looks just like paper in almost every respect until you pick it up and feel it and it's obviously not - it has a plasticky (but not unpleasant) texture. However, it runs through the printer just fine and the quality of the print on it is superb. It can be used in any situation where you might otherwise want to laminate a sheet of paper to protect it from the elements but ti has the advantage that you can write on it with a pen (not so good with pencil) even in pouring rain.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 December 2017
I used a HP Inkjet printer in the Inkjet paper and found that the black ink runs when this paper gets wet. Colour's seem to be ok but ive only used small amounts of colour on this paper.
I did wonder if there was some sort of treatment I needed to do prior to using the paper in the wet but it doesn't stat this anywhere on the packaging.

Overall a good quality tough paper but I wont be using it in the wet which was my original intention.
on 24 April 2017
Needed waterproof paper for an underwater archaeology project - idea is to print the initial site plan on paper, then give it to the divers to record / fill in additional details manually underwater. Project hasn't started yet but as a test I printed a drawing on this paper with my regular laser printer, submerged it in our sink for 2 days and there's no blurring or fading whatsoever, the paper doesn't tear, .. => should work perfectly on our project!
2 people found this helpful
on 14 January 2013
I have an Explorer Scout Unit and we have used this paper for maps when out on activities & expeditions. It is rip proof, waterproof and explorer proof

We print the map area onto the A4 sheet and this is by far easier than trying to handle a full OS map in high winds up a mountain. Keep the OS map as backup in your pack. Recommended to anyone out and about that needs waterproof maps etc.

We have been using for over 3 years so it really has been put through its paces now. We are able to reuse the maps again when going back to the same area with different groups so save some money too.
9 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2017
I would have given this item a 5 star rating but for it being so expensive. It is very tear resistant and durable (not been able to rip a sheet myself). When printing in colour the pigments are a lot duller than when printing on plain or photo paper, despite setting my printer on various grades of paper ( mat, glossy plain & photo).
on 8 May 2017
Great product. It is tough and waterproof. I use it for ski and walking maps for mountain touring so it has to survive in difficult conditions and does. Can be folded and put in pocket so map holder not required.
on 4 March 2016
My husband loves this waterproof paper and it is on his list each year for Birthday and Christmas. As a keen sailor who races weekly for 9 months of the year, he finds it invaluable for printing out racing instructions, charts etc Much, much easier than laminating or putting in a waterproof folder.
on 6 March 2018
Used for printing maps for a charity walk. Worked well for that use.
Photo shows testing. It took the abuse well. In practical use it can show fading where folded repeatedly and stuffed in a coat pocket.
review image
on 26 April 2015
Printed with a HP Photosmart it gives decent colours. The paper is robust and the ink doesn't run - performed better than I expected, although quite expensive. I haven't given it a really long soaking yet.
I use it for maps, but would work well for signs, instructions etc.
(I've previously used the Laser jet paper which worked really well).