Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 March 2007
Anberlin return with cities, which by far is a rockier, more maturer album from their debut blueprints from the blackmarket. Cities improves on Anberlin's sound & song writing from their last 2 studio albums (Which should be checked out. Although there's a lack of catchy songs on this cd - there are standout tracks - check out godspeed, a whisper and a clamour, the unwiding cable car, dismantle repair & the impressive 8 minute long fin - trust me its worth the listen!)

The 2 cd affair is worth splashing the cash on as it has 3 additional tracks (2 are covers one by the Smiths, and when in rome) and an additional dvd which shows the recording of cities. Despite this cd being available as an import it's a great album for 2007 from an upcoming and promising band - I only wish they would be signed by a major label so they could promote their great music.
on 21 January 2010
Literally one of the best albums i do and will ever own. Short and sweet!
on 2 January 2010
Right, not gonna be a long review. I need to say 3 things really.

1. I own a lot of music, listen to a fair bit of rock and i'd like to think i know and appreciate quality music.

2. This album is definitely, officially, the best album I own. The songwriting is genius. The guitars, the drums, the vocals, all amazing. The energy, particularly towards the ends of some of the songs, is just unreal. It is THE complete album. It stands alone from the rest of my CD collection.

3. BUY THIS ALBUM (turn it up, appreciate it, love it etc.)

Quality, quality music.
on 17 January 2008
This album is just amazing. I had never really heard anything from this band and then I saw them supporting Paramore last September. They instantly amazed me so I went out and bought Cities as soon as I could. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. This album is one of the best I have ever heard with so many stand out tracks. The vocals are huge, with all guitars and drums fitting together to support the whole sound perfectly. My favourite tracks are 'Adelaide', 'A Whisper And A Clamor' and 'Hello Alone' mainly because the chorus of these songs will not leave your head and you will sing it over and over for a long time because it's just so catchy, perfect vocal hooks. People have said that Anberlin are nothing new and that it's all been heard before, but that is way too harsh. They may be sticking to a genre but they do it so much better than every other band. I urge you to buy this album if you like good catchy rock songs with a pop edge, you won't be disappointed. And if you get the chance to see them live, do it!!! This band deserve to be huge.
on 18 August 2008
I Actually found out about this band via someones list on amazon and i must say i instantly brought all there albums, Cities is by far the best album although i dont have the special edition with bonus tracks ( which are all on lost songs) and dvd i love this album, *fin is an amazing end and i hope they play it on there uk tour this november debut is one of the best intros i have heard and then from start to finish the album keeps you going, I would say that although i am not a christian and have no belief in god this album is still amazing and doesnt lean on that foundation to much, If you love Cities then i suggest you get the other albums or download these songs Neaive Orleans, Glass to the arson, Cadence,Autobahn & The feel good drag
Roll on september 30th for New Surrender if the song on there myspace is anything to go by and roll on November in Birmingham!
on 17 August 2007
I've been listening to this album for the past few months almost every day. At first i really could get into it as much as Anberlin's first 2 albums - which i thought were excellent. After a while though this album really stands out and it's highlights begin to show. The depth of this album is so much greater with songs of varying pace and mood, noteably "The Unwinding Cable Car" and "Inevitable". Overall one of my all time fave albums and a must buy!!!
on 5 March 2007
Don't get me wrong, Cities is a fantastic album. (A Whisper And A Clamour

, Godspeed, Reclusion and Dismantle, Repair being the best tracks.) It is more listenable to than Friendship and definetely has a story to it, but something is lacking here. I just feel that Friendship has a better, louder feel to it. It is a great album, and I could easily listen to it all day, but I just think Friendship is over all a better album.