Customer reviews

Snow Shovel Mucking Out Scoop
Price:£10.10+ Free shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 January 2011
I bought this online after my local hardware shop sold out even though we were too late for the bout of snow and ice we had just had. However, it was delivered super-quickly by the supplier on Amazon and just in time for the second bout of snow. It came complete (no screwing the shovel into the pole) and my husband and I couldn't wait to test it out - like a pair of kids we were! I made the excuse that our two cats couldn't get out with the snow chest-high on them and that I was just going to clear them a little path from the cat flap. It was brilliantly easy to shift the snow with this shovel.

The shovel and pole is super lightweight - I am only petite at 5'1'' - and it cleared a huge amount of snow with each shovelful. Hubby was geared up to do the paths and he is not in the best of health but found the job much, much easier with this. I would highly recommend both the snow shovel and the supplier (the price was cheaper than my local shop too).
on 30 November 2010
We bought this snow scoop for the snow after last winter and have been using it solidly for the last four days. It is light and wide, so making it easy to lift the snow from the ground. It is so much easier than the spade and we have just placed an order for a second one.
on 30 November 2010
At last a snow shovel that does what it says on the tin. Actually it came wrapped in bubble wrap and plastic film..
I used it for the first time yesterday on several inches of snow and I have to say being light and long handled it was a delight to use compared to my previous metal shovel.
A definite recommendation from me.
on 11 November 2010
This item has had good reviews to date so maybe the supplier has changed something. It arrived today, well packaged as others have mentioned and the parts are good quality however they don't fit together! The wooden handle is significantly too big for the plastic shovel. This really needs a lathe to cut it down to the right size - has to be quite a lot smaller. I'll then have to look for a couple of screws (OK, no big deal but irritating) to attach the handle to the shovel itself - not supplied. Something so simple and probably I can find the tools and time to make it fit rather than returning it but if I were you, I'd find another supplier whose product might be sourced from a manufacturer with some sense.
33 Comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2010
A few sellers are selling this ( got mine from Total travel & leisure- cheapest at that time around £14.50 inc p&p) and agree with a previous reviewer that the wooden pole does seem a little wide to fit into the plastic hole of the scoop. I managed to squeeze it in after using some washing up liquid around the end. So thats my only complaint. We have had some heavy snow these past few days and all I can say bring it on! This shovel is so light but makes clearing a long driveway a breeze. Just run it along the ground and it just scoops the snow away. Last year I didn't really clear the snow so it froze and compacted and became very slippery and impossible to clear. In my opinion I don't think this scoop would clear any compacted frozen snow but what would? Overall a very good snow scoop/shovel.
on 5 April 2011
Bought this after reading other reviews and it is a sturdy item and will do what we want but like others, difficulties in fixing handle to shovel was taxing. The wooden handle too large for the hole. We managed after much washing up liquid and brute force , but have yet to test our results with snow .
on 4 September 2010
This Snow Scoop should be in every shed. It is very well made and robust, yet light and easy to handle. I bought it for a mad apple tree that sheds millions of small inedible (except by wasps and flies and pigs) apples at the rate of a dustbin a day for the month of August. I look forward to leaf collection in Autumn and snow in winter if it happens. This item is not the cheapest on the market, but worry not, just buy it and have the satisfaction of owning the best that I've found in the last 50 years!Snow Scoop / Horse Muck Shovel
on 18 December 2010
This is a great product but I bought this same shovel from a local independent diy store for £9 ! For the money these people are charging I would assume it includes someone to shift the snow for you !
on 9 February 2011
The snow shovel looks fine but even after only one use the blade is very worn and chipped/dented. This will not take any sort of prolonged use. Lets hope we don't get more snow!
on 10 December 2010
This was an early Christmas present that was really put through its paces in the Edinburgh snow. It is strong and light, which means it can shovel large amounts of snow. The long handle is good for extra leverage. Overall this is an excellent product at the price. Buy two and you can do the job in half the time while having a chat!