on 5 September 2010
I wonder when the subject of aliens and ufos will be given the gaming treatment it deserves. This game nearly got there but fails to really pull it off. There is no passion here Im afraid which is a shame because it could have been so much better. That being said however it was fun to play through once but once it was done it was all over for me. There were some good moments in it that could have been much better and the unreal engine saved it from being worse. If like me your wondering to get it my suggestion is rent it first.
The story is luke warm the game play is like taking your dog for a walk if you have played every shooter going its just another shooter with nothing new to offer but and its a big but it was fun to take out for a walk.
Seemed like the guys making the game just ran out of passion and said ah that will have to do lets see if we can sell it.The helicopter scene with big alien was very good though and has a brief feeling that i was playing gears again.. but that all.. bit like a fire work display all over to quickly.
Final summing up
Fun but too short and lacking in passion.
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2010
This game was surprisingly very good fun. Graphics and background very good, gameplay fine and the pace alright. Like many such games, the storyline is a bit thin, but more than made up for the overall feel of the game. The Iraq part of the game, in particular is very well put together. Recommended if you like GRW or MOH or COD. Don't take too much notice of reviewers here whor rate it porrly just because its not as good as some other game. You can enjoy more than one brand!
on 31 January 2008
I played this game having been impressed by the demo and confused by the dismissive review I saw on television. If you set aside comparisons with Half Life 2 and Gears of War, which have clearly influenced Blacksite's creators, it is actually very enjoyable. There were even a few novel settings - notably the detailed and varied garden exploration section (compare this with the drab office buildings which saturate the very much overrated 'FEAR'), and a strong sense of atmosphere. Difficulty was just right (on hard) for a casual player such as myself, and the admittedly flimsy plot rollocks along at a fair pace.

If you want to nit-pick, there are some of the worst 'invisible walls' I've ever encountered and I once tried to drive down some stairs and ended up with my vehicle floating in midair. The morale thing didn't seem to make much difference to my team (but earned me a nice little achievement in the latter stages). Give it a go. I rented it and it only took a couple of days.
on 9 August 2008
Okay, so another shooter for our, lets admit it, already pretty saturated shooter market. Blacksite takes a number of ideas from higher profile titles, mixes them up with a b-movie plot and some good graphics, and gives you a fairly short campaign mode and your typical multiplayer modes. However, the game also provides one thing missing far too often for me - a healthy dose of entertainment. From start to finish Blacksite is fun to play, which is surely what we all play our games for. Blacksite is not worth the full retail price, but if you can pick it up cheaply, then I would suggest you give it a chance, rather than missing another solid title from Midway.
on 6 January 2008
Ok so it's another Xbox shooter and I won't say much.

Basically that's what it is, another Xbox shooter. Nothing special, nothing new or innovative, just another shooter with an average, very short campaign and average multiplayer mode.

Great graphics, great fun aswell, but very short and seems a very small game yet steep price for £40.

Get it if there's nothing else taking your fancy, that's what I did, but otherwise, get something else.

3/5
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 September 2014
far, far away from being anything like gripping or thrilling
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 February 2008
Blacksite is at best a mediocre last gen game.
A bit harsh but I will explain,
firstly the story isnt as good as 90% of the other games outr there, the graphics are dubious at worst and patchy at best (please note I dont really buy into graphics would rather a solid game but still even I appreciate eyecandy). The game mechanics are seriously out of kilter for a laugh I crawled out of cover to snipe a machine gun post and not only did take two headshots to kill the guy but I was getting shot up big style and still didnt die!

Not a bad game but rent it before you even think of buying it!
on 27 May 2009
Quick and Dirty Review.

Picked up this game for a weeks rental and was plesently suprised by all aspects. gonna list pros and cons.

Pros

Its just a very solid fun game to breeze though over a few plays (on normal difficulty) AI is good, Graphics are good, there are vehicles parts to levels there are helicopter turrent missions, there is a good variety of enemys, theres boss battles which are good fun, theres a wide variety of indoor/outdoor enviroments the achivments are pretty stright forward to get, checkpoints after each major battle boss. Good solid controls, very basic point n click to position squad commands.

Cons

Not a great selection of weapons, story nothing spectacular.

As i said above this is just a very fun very solid FPS which i can honestly say i enjoyed alot more than Halo 3.
on 9 December 2007
This game is pretty good, something different from the usual FPS with its storyline, not in the league of COD 4 but then what is? worth a go if you like shooting stuff, particularly alien-like creatures. There's a demo on Xbox live if you want to check it out before buying.
on 12 December 2007
When I first played the demo for this game it looked like the same old FPS you got from a few years back but after deciding to splash my cash, I am so glad I did. Yes the storyline isn't that long but the gameplay is great fun and graphics look very good as well. Aliens could look better but overall a very good game.