Strange Days
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 June 2018
Horrible pressing! With my current setup, I listen to my records on flat eq or reduce a little bit of bass. This absolutely lacks in lower frequencies. I have to almost max the bass in order to make it sound normal-ish, but the quality still remains below average. I am about to return it.
on 5 May 2016
Let me start by saying that this is not a review of the music on this album, but is entirely concerned with the physical attributes of the CD itself.
In short, this CD is unlistenable when played on my laptop through Windows Media Player, yet it's fine when I play it on my hi-fi. I suspect this may be due to the presence of DRM software on the disc.
Fortunately, the downloadable auto-rip version does play on the laptop, so that version will find its way onto my 128Gb USB stick that is usually plugged into my car stereo.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 23 September 2013
This gets 4stars because it's the Doors, and they WERE great!

But, as often, these 're-mastered' editions leave something to be desired, and in this case it's the RAWNESS of the original recordings that has been left on the cutting room floor. Experts, eh?!

It''s fine for for CD easy listening, but doesn't match the original vinyl recordings for that 'earthy, gritty' feel.

I thank God I have them all!
2 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2018
Excellent album ! Fantastic psychedelic music !!
on 31 March 2018
Indispensable if you like the Doors
on 4 February 2018
A superb album from one of the great bands ever
on 19 July 2017
Great Album. Some Great Tracks. You Must Buy All The Doors Albums. Britain has The Beatles , The Rolling Stones & The Kinks. The U.S has The Beach Boys , The Monkees & The Doors.
on 15 November 2016
One of the great records of the 1960s. No flowers, no love and peace, this is dark stuff. Possibly the Doors finest moment.
on 7 March 2016
Wow I thought this was great.I did'nt get into the Doors in the sixties but I am now enjoying catching up.Perhaps not to everyone's taste but if you like the bizarre this will suite you.
on 17 June 2018