Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 February 2013
I bought this after watching babe for about the sixth time and was so taken with the music which reminded me of something of the past only to find out it was one of my favourite composers about 45 years ago and I had heard it before beautifully orchestrated it is a joy to hear it again after all these years thanks to my then music teacher Mr Meyers who was from Germany who was passionate about music and taught me and others the beauty of music .An absolute joy for all who enjoy the true meaning of music
on 3 May 2010
If you're new to this music, you will probably have heard much of it before on adverts and TV programmes. The style of the music is unique and is a good example of program music. The recording quality is ok.
on 1 June 2014
Especially if you like the piano on the Carnival of Animals, I bought it for my beloved Saint-Saens BIG organ symphony, great thank you. Bit of a nuisance the latter is at the end of the recording.
on 29 March 2016
This is the best version, you really feel that if the animals could write classical music it would sound like this.
I also own the other version by Charles Dutoit and it is not half as good.
on 5 May 2014
Exceeded expectations. Great value and outstanding performance, especially Symphony No.3 'Organ'. I have been playing this over and over. Impossible to get tired of it.
on 10 May 2014
I have always enjoyed the Organ symphony and was pleased it featured in Babe. This particular version has so much more included. A real bonus.
on 14 May 2014
You always hear bits and bobs of the Carnival of the Animals on the radio but being able to play any of them at will is incredibly satisfying.
on 28 June 2016
I love it - perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but I have been enjoying this while driving in the car. Some very powerful music on this CD.
on 21 June 2014
This recording is beautiful. I have recently upgraded my speakers and find I love the quality of this recording. One of my favourite CDs
on 4 October 2013
very enjoyable music, a lovely performance, I would recommend the music for children to listen to, they enjoy the distinct parts,