Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 20 July 2012
I have always wanted to the read this book I decided that I would give it a go and I also read the reviews. This book seems more of an emotional rollacoster with loads of sex and rich men thrown into the mix. I don't know how to feel about Karrine/Superhead there is a part of me that does feel sorry for her but she is an adult she knows right from wrong I think she is very naive young women and she is confusing sex with love. She is also using sex to get ahead in life to maintain a high expensive lifesyle. There is nothing wrong with wanting the best in life and the best for your child but there are ways of getting it without opening your legs to every rich Tom,Dick,Harry. There did seem to be some men in the book that seemed to have genuine intrest in her but she seemed to go for the men that were already in relationships. In the begin of the book when she explains about her childhood I do feel sorry that she had to go through the abuse of an un-caring mother and the domestic abuse from her husband. This a book where everyones opinion will be diffrent and will have the own views. I personally think that she was high priced prostitute she was bed hopping from man to man so that she drink the best champagne and have a few designer clothes and a nice car. I think that Karrine/Superhead is just a women who wanted to be accepted.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2012
I received this book late last evening and I read it through the night and finished it in the early hours of the morning- it was that interesting,thought-provoking and real. I'm not sure why all the reviews on here are so negative. Karrine Steffans is a good writer, an honest, direct person and a woman who's come through an extremely traumatic childhood to be where she is. I'm sure all the reviewers on here are married, judgmental prudes who can't see past the affairs to married men and sexual conduct which Ms. Steffans is very open about. I'll admit my jaws dropped in places and I had to look blink twice to believe what I was reading, like where she said she dropped her son off with her abusive husband and upped and left. In addition, the rate at which she "fell in love" with these men who were clearly passing her around like toilet paper. But you have to ask yourself, what else can you expect from someone who was abandoned by their father, emotionally neglected by both parents, isolated and beaten by her mother almost daily, raped at thirteen (and beaten afterwards by her mother for it), homeless, stripping by sixteen, married to an abusive rapper by 18 and with child by 21? Even she makes the link between her affairs with numerous married men and her mom's past of sleeping with men and becoming impregnated to trap them (including her own father). So Ms. Steffans is under no delusions about who and what she is- including the fact that she uses sexual favors to get what she wants like the love and attention she never got. In addition, she clearly states that she's never felt comfortable with women and was a tomboy until her first husband showed her the finer things in life (I can relate, not being close to my mother or sisters and finding comfort in friendships with guys). That would explain the numerous pictures of her in the book affectionately embracing various men. The psychology of her experiences in this book is sound, including the little details she mentions and that's what makes it so believable. That said, some of the things she says leads me to believe that she still has a lot of healing and introspection to do and like all victims of co-dependency and dysfunctional families. I wish her lots of luck and light on her struggle. No one can understand until they've walked in your shoes. Now... after that inspiring read I'm going on to read DMX's autobiography (another one abandoned by father and beaten daily by mother) and Dancing With the Devil about P.Diddy's manipulative antics in the industry (look at for some very interesting info on him in Karrine's book...)
on 6 February 2013
I was curious about the number of stars mentioned in the synopsis so bought it cheap and read it. Its very quick to read. She comes across as someone who got into a really immoral world and eventually got out. Its car crash reading really, but there is a " be wise, dont do this" message in there which I doubt will reach the young ladies who need to hear it.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2017
Loved this book , read it so quickly then borrowed it to all my friends and never saw it again
on 5 July 2018
great book
on 10 March 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book I found it very interesting in fact I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.
Great read
One person found this helpful
on 10 May 2015
For all the people who have misjudged this lady, I ordered this book after having come across one of her social network pages. Having heard of her briefly before as this video "heaux" (intended misspelling), she came across as much more intelligent as you would have thought, this book does her no justice but none the less a great read.
on 2 February 2016
Fast delivery at a great price
on 21 April 2013
this was ok. you didn't really find out any scandal that hasn't already been out in the media. read it once dont ever need to read it again
on 21 July 2014