Showing 1-10 of 363 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 1 May 2011
This case is fine in itself, but it appears to affect the digital compass in the iPad, causing interference errors and very inaccurate readings. It works fine again when taken out of the case, and these errors didn't occur with the Apple Smartcover.
Not a showstopper, but will affect some apps eg mapping, Pocketuniverse.
on 17 April 2011
To be honest, I didn't expect much when I ordered this. The one I wanted was not available at that time but I still needed a case for my iPad 2 whilst waiting for the other one to be available. I was pleasantly surprised with this case. The iPad 2 just fits in nicely and yo can feel that it is properly protected. It actually offers more protection than the Apple case. The 'close cover to sleep' feature is indeed great, didn't expect it at all. It might be imitation leather but it feels like real. I have no problems accessing all the ports and buttons. It is indeed a great product and well worth the price. Would recommend this if you don't want to spend lots of money on an iPad case.
on 3 May 2013
It's a cheap case (even cheaper now it seems, I paid £12!!). It fits the Ipad nicely, and will protect it from everyday bumps and scratches... Maybe not drops, but you shouldn't be dropping your gear anyway ;-). My work involves a lot of travel so I keep the ipad in the case in my backpack and it sits nice and safe from any sharp things like pens or tools that might well get involved with the lovely screen!

You can't really go wrong with this case for the money. Sure, it is not really that sturdy when used as a stand but It will work if placed carefully and not moved around. I find just having the Ipad in the case makes it easier to use, as I often use mine on my lap, the material of the case stops it from slipping around so easily. Plus I often find myself using the flap that covers the screen as something to hold onto while I wander around with the Ipad (which I often do!)

It fits the Ipad 4 very well, however the volume/lock buttons can be a little tricky to access whilst in this case. I tend to just use the software controls anyway so I don't find this a big problem, but worth noting for those that do.
on 29 June 2011
It was pretty much what i was expecting. It feels ok, makes handling the iPad much easier, trying to hold the iPad without a case is like trying to hold a wet fish.
It doesn't feel like a cheap cover. I'm sure there are more soft and luxurious ones around, but for the price, this one is well worth getting.
If you are looking for one just to fill the gap until you find a better one, definitely go for it, you might just find that you don't bother getting another one after dropping the iPad into this case.

Update.
Having had this for a week or two, I would still say that it's a good case for the price..
But I have noticed that holding the iPad in the case is quite frequently making the iPad go to sleep while I'm using it.
I'm not sure exactly why, but I think that pressing the edge of the case while holding it, is somehow confusing the iPad and making it believe that the case has been closed.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this.
I'll probably look for another solution now, its become a bit irritating to have to keep waking it up in the middle of things, especially if you have a passcode set.
And I'm quite sure that it isn't my iPad at fault, it never happens when not in the case.
on 26 July 2011
Definitely worth the money paid, however the Apple iPad 2 magnetic case Apple iPad Smart Cover Polyurethane - Blue works better for me.
The case itself folds up to create a typing stand but the latch that it connects to is not magnetic and therefore looks
considerably unprofessional.
Recommended for keeping the iPad in whilst it is charging because it offers greatly more protection than the smart cover.
on 22 September 2011
I love this - great colour and matches my kindle perfectly. It's not leather, and I've taken a star off because the link title says it is - (synthetic leather is not leather!) which for the price isn't surprising, but it's not easy to know that when you do a search on "leather iPad cover. However, it is great quality, and I would recommend it to anyone, along with the Tecknet Kindle cover which is as good!
on 22 August 2013
I really don't understand why you should pay 50+ quid for the same thing made by Apple. This cover looks and works just as well. Fits like a glove on my Retina iPad and works well as a stand. It even brings the extra film protector!!

The protective film is a bit complicated to put properly, easier to do it on a small screen like a phone's but more complicated on a large display like this. In the end this happens with all these protective films.

The flap gets in the way of you taking pictures so you need to move it, but the same would happen with the official one. This is the only reason I deducted one star from this otherwise fine product. Do buy and don't buy the one from Apple.
on 21 October 2013
I ordered this as the price was reasonable for what you got and the reviews were excellent.
Personally i wouldn't rate this as excellent, but it is ok and does the job. It’s a bit plasticy for me, but the colour's nice and it has a nice soft bit that faces the screen to prevent scratches.
My main concern was that it wouldn't hold my iPad securely enough as the iPad just pops in and the edges don't come up and over the top of the sides of it. Sure enough it has fallen out once, but since then i've had no problems with it.
The folding top is a 3 tiered fold, which is higher than some others i've seen when used - see pic 1, but it is not strong enough to hold the pad vertical when typing - pic 4.
It comes with a screen protector and stylus pen which are a nice touch.
If you're looking for something that works, but not looking to spend a fortune, this is perfect.
on 17 October 2011
I ordered this item after reading other reviews and have been completely happy with the item itself. I have even had comments from friends regarding the quality and appearance of the cover. However, the delivery time was horrendous. It took nearly 2 weeks to arrive, not sure whether that was due to TeckNet or Royal Mail.
on 5 February 2012
Great value, colour matches description really well. Everyone loves how soft the inside is! Only criticism is that the corners are starting to tear slightly on removal from my bag. But overal I love it, thinking of buying extra colours.