Customer reviews

on 15 January 2017
Picture 1 shows ice trays loaded and ready to use
Picture 2 shows with lid on
Picture 3 shows the ice trays after 55 mins of drying.

I was thinking this was going to be a waste of time buying but it is actually working for me using a 7kg tumble dryer on full heat. After using several times I've not had no humidity on walls or windows. I leave a space around the condenser box to allow it room to breath. You can feel the air in the room getting warm but there is no humidity in the air from the Condenser box.

The frozen trays seem good for 60 mins of drying so some planning with drying times will be needed but it allows me to use my dryer still after the space it was in was took by the dishwasher.

I don't get why people are leaving negative reviews as I can't see how this wouldn't work unless people have a loose dryer hose allowing heat to escape or they are using the dryer for hours on end without checking the ice trays which are required to contain the majority of humidity from the dryer.

4 stars as I think it's a bit pricey for what it really is and only good for an hour at a time with One pair of ice trays filled with frozen water but it works for me so I'm happy for that.
review image review image review image
on 26 April 2017
Well pleased with it especially as I was able to purchase a long hose to go with it.
on 20 July 2017
great condenser no wet walls worth the money
on 26 October 2011
This unit allows me to vent my tumble-dryer just as I'd hoped it would, but two things could be improved:-

1. I think it is down to this product's design that it seems unnecessarily fiddly to clip the top onto the base. The clearance between these parts is rather small, the base distorts slightly when pressed, and the mouldings don't appear to be tapered to ease assembly. Consequently, I cannot perform this operation quickly with just one hand, and I find that slightly irritating.

2. The attachment point for the venting hose could benefit from being more substantial. It really doesn't grip the hose! To keep my venting hose from falling away while I move the assembled unit from the preparation area (where I insert the ice containers and then replace the top) down to my chosen operating location on the floor, I have clamped the hose to the inlet using nylon cable ties. I think it's a pity that - short of improving the design to eliminate this problem - no clips or ties etc were included with the unit to address this issue.

These criticisms aside, I think this unit will meet my needs.
on 12 November 2011
You need to place ice in the bottom of this for it to draw the steam. You can either freeze water in the inner trays if you are only an occasional user that is fine, however if like me, you often have a few loads to do together just buy a few freezer blocks that - that you use in ice boxes, from the pound shop and replace as needed. I just put my hand on the side and if still cold keep going.

With this kit I can use it in my rental house, with no external venting and not end up with a mouldy house.
33 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2013
Purchased in order to use with our tumble dryer but was a little disappointed with it as it did not suit our needs.
on 2 October 2016
I've used one or two cheap ones b4,that you just put water in,& they were useless!
BUT this one is brilliant! Yes you Do need to either fill the two deep trays with water & FREEZE them,OR just fill them with tap water & put an ICE PACK in each? (The type you put in a Cool Box for picnics in the summer) Both methods work well.
And of course it's always a good idea to ventilate the room too. I pull my tumble dryer out away from the wall during use,& have no issues.
on 20 November 2015
After reading all the reviews for this product I was torn between the 5 stars and 1 star ratings, but I thought hey ho I need a solution other than sticking the pipe out of the window during the winter and letting in all the cold air, so I went ahead and purchased it.

I've tried using it several times and every time the air doesn't do anything other than leave the condenser air vents on top hot and then steams up the kitchen and causes everything to become wet to the touch.

Yeah great I've got a nice warm kitchen lol, but over time this will cause issues during the winter months.

I've tried using just the supplied freezer compartments, I've tried adding my own in replacement, I've even tried adding my own plus the supplied compartments but still nothing, hot air comes out of the top air vents and it steams up the kitchen.

It's shame really as the product quite obviously works for some people, just not for everyone, which includes me and I can't work out why.

Hey ho, when we have the tumble on we'll just have to make sure we don't use the kitchen and keep the door closed, as it's bleedy freezing atm lol
on 14 June 2013
I have no problem at all I do not even get any condensation on my windows it is fantastic I am a frequent user of my tumble dryer and also warm up my husbands clothes before wear as he suffers shoulder pain he is so pleased and makes life better for him and myself
on 29 November 2010
This product helps with the condensation associated with the tumble dryer but only to a certain degree and is questionable whether it is worth the cost. Additionally the description of the product could have been more comprehensive detailing the fact that the contents have to be frozen.