on 12 May 2017
Great . Very Happy . Thank you .
on 4 May 2017
good value for 3 film set
on 26 April 2017
its ok
on 27 December 2014
I love this film despite not being a big Nick Cave can! It's just such a good film to lift your spirits. My kids loved it too!
on 18 April 2011
DVD x 3 'It could happen to you' was awful as regards the speech of one of the women, I had to switch it off, but the other 2 DVD's in the pack 'My Best Friends Wedding' and 'Sleepless in Seatle' were worth the money, very entertaining.
on 29 March 2017
Not bad
on 21 September 2016
Fabulous, fun and uplifting film. We love it.
on 17 December 2010
Aren't we all just suckers for the nice little morality tale that puts us into that 'spirit-of-man' mood? And why not? Here is one such pleasant little movie, one that's good to curl up with in front of a glowing fire when it's blowing a winter hooligan outside. It's not on earth-shaker, nor does it pretend to be. In fact, the simple premise of the story - nice, put-upon cop splits his lottery winnings with nice, put-upon waitress - may be a slight stretch of reality too far, but hey, it's just a fable. And in fables, most everyone gets their just deserts, which is exactly what we find here: there are no surprises, we just enjoy the ride and want to push Charlie and Yvonne closer together - WE know they're made for each other! Nic Cage is rather good at this light 'everyman' sort of role and far more comfortable than more recent sci-fi or thrill-seeking outings, whilst Bridget Fonda makes a sweet partner as the warm-hearted, vulnerable waitress. You could say they both have little to do but be nice: that would be unkind since they have chemistry and work their corners convincingly, they get us rooting for them against hiss-boo lawyer Richard Jenkins and Charlie's shrewish wife Rosie Perez - along with her grating Latino-New York accent, the only jarring element in the picture is how Charlie came to be married to this harpy in the first place! However, Isaac Hayes' guardian angel in the form of a New York journalist ensures that triumph follows pathos and the glow - predictably - returns to our hearts, subtly swept along by the fairy dust of Carter Burwell's music score. It may sound trite but if you don't expect too much, the magic works well. This movie won't change your life, but it will probably brighten your day, and what's wrong with that?
on 6 July 2010
Fantastic value DVD set. Three great films that you're going to want to keep. Nicholas Cage isn't my favourite leading man, but was good for the main lead in It Could Happen To You. The storyline is one that gets you asking the question "what would I have done if it was me?" Julia Roberts is superb in My Best Friend's Wedding. I'd not seen either of the aforementioned movies, but thoroughly enjoyed them. Sleepless in Seattle is a classic, and shows Tom Hanks when he could play the romantic leading role, before he got caught up deciphering codes and chasing round Europe and other such nonsense. Well worth adding to your DVD collection if you're into romantic movies with decent story lines and good acting.
on 19 June 2017
The ending is not perfect, but I like it very much. Not bad. If there's one next, I'll be looking forward to it. In those days, the movie was pretty good. The plot is tortuous. I watch it with my mother. The actor's performance was animated and devoted.