Format: DVD|Change

on 5 July 2007
It is a shame that the Amazon reviewer does not list the episode titles, but I suspect it is because some episodes duplicate those previously released on videos. I did, however, find quite a lot of episodes that I had not previuously collected. This collection is very good with a total of 13 episodes plus the three Christmas Specials for 1978, 1979, and 1980. I list below all the episodes on this 3-DVD set:-

Full steam behind
The flag and it's snag
The flag and further snags
Deep in the heart of Yorkshire
Here we go into the wild blue yonder
Here we go again into the wild blue yonder
In the service of humanity
Car and garter
The odd dog men
A bicycle made for three
One of the last few places unexplored by man
Serenade for tight jeans and metal detector
From wellies to wet suit
Christmas Special 1978:- Small tune on a penny wassail
Christmas Special 1979:- And a Dewhurst up a fir tree
Christmas Special 1980:- Whoops
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2007
To all that love this great comedy as I do . This DVD is not available and information on this site states that it may not be available again . I want to warn all who may look for this and other series of Last Of The Summer Wine and find it on EBAY that there are many Sellers who have this , but most are counterfeit . The copies are of such poor quality that you can hardly read any of the small print on the packaging and the picture is very blurry and faded . It is obvious that these have been copied and put on the dvd cases and that the dvds themselves are not from Universal Pictures UK Lmt. I live in the USA and purchase my beloved British TV comedies in Region 2 . I purchased a player which would play Region 2 because I am such a fan . I do not wish any of my fellow LOTSW fans to be cheated .
on 6 April 2007
I have now purchased all 6 series of this great comedy from Amazon UK . I live in the good ole USA so I had to Purchase a special region free/zone free dvd player on line. These dvd's by Universal Playback are much better than the dvd from Canada availabe in USA. All episodes thru series 6 plus first 4 Xmas specials. I hope to see series 7-8 available soon though it will be sad to lose Sid and Wally sometime during them.
on 29 March 2007
I watched all the episodes from season 5 and 6 in one weekend and thought it was brilliant! The antics they get up to are just great and the cast is in one word: fantastic!

I just hope season 7 and on don't take as long as this box to hit the shops!
on 1 May 2007
Best show... EVER! LOSW deserves more notice as the longest running comedy series, but perhaps it really is a show one must discover on one's own. Mr. Clarke has a great eye, not only for dialogue, but for people as well-- foibles, strengths, weaknesses are all treated with a gentle, fond humour.

Why the Beeb won't publish these titles in the US is beyond me, but as long as I have my region free dvd, I can enjoy LOSW, Blake's 7, Black's Books, etc. across the pond.

Hope more seasons (and films) come soon!!
on 23 October 2015
I don't think I could ever get tired of watching Compo, Clegg,and Foggy. Watching Last of the SummerWine is like sitting down to enjoy a meal of your favorite comfort foods. The entire cast is fantastic,I find myself jealous of Compo,Foggy and Clegg enjoying the country side at a enjoyable pace. The series reminds me of growing up watching the early Andy Griffin shows and thinking how Mayberry would be a wonderful place to visit. That's how I feel about SummerWine,it would have been so nice to have been able to enjoy even one of their outings in person. I will continue to enjoy Last of the SummerWine for many more years,or until I find my own Compo,Foggy and Clegg
on 14 December 2008
There are some great episodes on this collection from the classic years Of Last Of The Summer Wine. Included are 3 Xmas Specials as well as Bill Owen's favourite episode 'From Wellies To Wetsuit', where Compo ends up on water skis. A must for any serious collector of classic BBC comedy.
on 6 June 2016
Very entertaining and a joy to watch again and again. There is nothing on TV today to compare to the excellent acting, writing and character development like this series. So glad to have purchased it and I highly recommend.
on 29 October 2011
Great nostalgia and lovely scenes of the Yorkshire countryside - the town of Holmfirth is lovely too (I have been there!!) and the characters are gentle and alluring - a gentle gem from a slower pace of life time
on 7 April 2015
Slight fault in an alarming vibrating noise when starting.
Episodes unaffected.
First lot SWIFTLY changed by Amazon.
Usual excellent service.
Noise problem on start up remains however .