Size: 18Cm|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 7 February 2014
I am disappointed this item is on the market and advertised as so. Ferrets are anatomically incompatible with such toys. As you observe your ferret you will notice they often run with an arched back. This is the natural posture ferrets adopt when moving around and this ball causes an extremely unnatural position. Ferrets are also very susceptible to heat (that could quickly build up in the ball) and enjoy their "out of cage time" exploring and sniffing around. This ball does not allow for natural expression.

I would recommend an alternative such as a play pen or ferret safe room.
on 6 April 2011
When we got our hamster the ball the pet shop gave us was quite small. Sure enough, once we plonked Humphrey into it he could barely move. So we bought this bigger ball and Humphrey has not looked back since.

There is something hilarious about watching Humphrey run full pelt around the room in his ball. He certainly enjoys going into it. If you show him the ball while he is in his cage he will wait by the door for you to let him out.

One caveat, before you put them in for any length of time, make sure they have had a wee first. These days, the first thing Humphrey does before going into his ball is empty his bladder in his corner. The first time he was in the wheel, he was a bit careless in that department...
on 7 January 2014
They may be flexible, but the action required to use this ball does not look comfortable or safe for their spines.
My ferrets are only small and they wouldn't comfortably be able to use this. Luckily, though not through lack of trying, they were not interested or understanding of this ball. Waste of money.
on 20 May 2011
We go through a new hamster ball every 4 months or so as our hamster chews the inside clips off whenever she gets the chance. The savic one is much better quality and nicer for the hamster than the other brands (particularly our large local pet shop, part of a national chain, that sells only their own not very nice brand of hamster ball). The savic balls are clearer plastic, more lightweight, and have marginally smaller width air holes so their little paws can't get trapped accidentally. The medium size is perfect for a syrian hamster. It comes in a variety of colours , but so far we have had one yellow and one green from amazon, both were good colours and it is hard to find savic ball in petshops now so I am grateful to amazon for selling this particular brand, which far exceeds other brands in terms of hamster balls.
on 4 December 2013
Exploring Hamster.
This really tells it all.
Our hamster had until this only every night had the bathroom floor to explore.

And, when he got in this ball, he began EXPLORING - and took on all rooms in the basement (7 rooms) - and was all excited, and full of energy and thirst when he got back to his cage, after 15-20 minutes.

BUT's / Negatives :
I had to "customize" the ball.
- First thing was 2 x 2 palstic-things, sticking inside, and being quite sharp and scratching - and, knowing our hamster, he will not like getting scratshed etc.
- Second: I ended up gluing all plastic tighteners (the 2 half-balls is put together with 6 pairs of tighteners).
- Third: 2 openings. We have put tape on one of the lids - in order to be sure that our Hamster doeesn't escape.

Plus: The ball seems quite solid. And, the lids is quite solid made.
on 3 January 2013
I use this ball for my Syrian hamster Lola. She has plenty of room to run around inside and the ball is secure with no areas for a hamster to catch their foot. The ball door shuts securely with no mishaps.
on 8 August 2011
Having bought numerous hamster balls in pet shops for the same price I found that my hamster could chew his way out of them and there would be a full-scale hamster search. This product is very sturdy and even my Houdini hamster can't escape.
on 10 July 2011
Having destroyed several other manufacturers balls we were keen to find an alternative to what Pets at Home had to offer. This ball has clearly been thought out. For starters there is only one exist path, whereas others have put in two. This doubles the chances of the hamster escaping, but it also causes additional bumps the animal needs to run over when using it. What is really unusual is that since using this yellowed coloured ball there is a marked improvement in our hamsters' (Toffee) ability to navigate. Far fewer bashes and crashes, as if the colouring has helped see what is ahead of her. I know this may sound a little crazy, but it is very noticeable!
on 11 January 2014
Our hamster has never escaped from this and just loves to play in it (with supervision). It has one opening which seems safer than having 2. It is made of good quality plastic which is hard wearing and it withstands regular cleaning.
One of the lugs won't engage (most likely a moulding fault). Hamsters crash into things. This is going to end in injury or escape with my adult hamster. I have been happily promised a refund from Amazon without having to return it, which says little for Savic's quality control. Buying the more expensive Rotastak one, since I can trust the quality, ....should have done this to start with.