on 26 December 2012
Having watched the TV programme on the making of these world famous knives, I remembered that my husband (now 80!) had wanted one since he was a small boy. My daughter couldn`t understand why on earth he "needed" one - but all six of our grown-up grandsons knew EXACTLY why he did! The quality is absolutely unbeatable. Of course my husband had to see if he could get all the MANY gadgets open at once and succeeded in cutting himself - maybe such a multi-gadgeted version might not be a wise purchase for a young boy!
on 29 January 2016
I want to give this 4.5 stars as I think it is not quiet as useful or as practical as the less expensive model below it which I also have, but then these tools are the Rolls Royce (of olden days) of pocket tools and in all honesty I feel the price I paid is justified as it is unlikely that it will ever need replacing. I feel it's more of a glove compartment or belt tool than a pocket one. As an engineer the model down is always with me and is indispensable.
My only concern is with one or 2 of the knives that are difficulty to open without fingernails like Wolverine, as I recall though from past tools I've owned the springs do loosen up a little, I just hope I have nails/fingers left to do that when it happens :)
Only real gripe, no torch, no pen and a couple of the tools (knives and screwdrivers) functions are unnecessarily repeated and could be replaced making the tool a more diverse... erm.... tool.
on 23 October 2012
I have owned this exact model of Victorinox knife for around 10 years. It remains fully functional, the blades are still sharp, and it has been used for many different reasons and functions over the years. The screwdriver set is particularly useful, and like other Victorinox knives, the "philips" type screw heads don't chip or get damaged with usage.
The only disadvantage is the cost - I think I paid a little under £80 for this - but you get one of the best Swiss Army knives I have seen that can be used (rather than being so large it cannot practically be used, which is the case for some other knives). If you can ever get this on offer, BUY IT!
on 30 July 2014
I was extremely fortunate enough to purchase this tool from Amazon for the insanely low price of £43. My cousin is jealous of my fortune as he tried to get one but the price had shot up to £130 as soon as I had bought it, so he is waiting for the price to go down again....fingers crossed for him! This is a beautiful piece of engineering as all tools are usable and wonderfully crafted. One tip if you want the pouch for this tool. Don't pay £20 for the dedicated XLT sheath as the normal 5-8 layer fits snugly for less than a tenner.
on 13 May 2015
I can remember my dad having a SwissChamp as a kid, I'd often reach up to the top shelf in the living room where it was kept to use it when he wasn't about, we were never allowed to touch it with him knowing. Having grown up now, I've had many of these excellent tools- in fact, I've bought several since joining Amazon a few years back. I always keep a mini one on my keyring and have always had the SwissChamp as a secondary. Sadly, I misplaced my larger multitool around six months ago and as we're off on holiday at the end of the month I had to get it replaced as I cannot be without.

I decided to opt for this more expensive XLT model owing to the socket screwdriver tool. I'm an avid vaper (user of e-cigs) and make my own atomizer coils, the small cross head and flat head screwdrivers are perfect. The scissors are upgraded versus the regular SwissChamp and are ideal for cutting my wicking materials and there are a couple of new blades on this unit too.
Build quality is as you would expect, beautiful alignment of the tools, great finish to the stainless steel and incredibly sharp blades. The screwdriver bits are hardened well, they'll last for ever with care and you can tell that thought has gone into the design- an example being that the long socket screwdriver arm is stiffer to open and close, preventing accidental closing during use.
This is a brilliant bit of kit and one that will last me many years, for many purposes, providing I don't lose it again! A first class product from Victorinox- again!
on 26 March 2015
Worth every penny. I brought this for my husband to take on our motorbike trip across Central Asia last summer. Its fairly heavy compared to a normal sized pen knife, but was well worth carrying around the extra weight as it was used over and over again.
The tools are all of a very high quality.
on 8 August 2015
Advertised as having 50 uses. But I also use it as a boats' anchor. I've used it loads but as a conversation piece it has been used 100 times more. Practical it aint but I love it.
on 13 March 2016
I love this it's a real toy and conversation piece I'm fond of it but can't accept its as practical as smaller knives, something like the handyman is probably the largest practical size in use although I accept other users do get on with it. If you don't need the many novelty features you would do well to consider a narrower model unless you are a collector
on 24 December 2016
Thank you for a very good knife, it was not large defects but I corrected them with sandpaper. I remove red scales set black scales
on 13 October 2014
As advertised, arrived promptly, recipient very pleased with his gift.

See one answered question