on 7 March 2008
Ok I agree with the 2 customers that gave this a 5 star rating. This is an excellent big cat diary week and is as every bit as good as the first 2 weeks.

The commentary is NOT about the people - the whole story is about the animals - the cats. If you love wildlife in any way then you will adore this. The presenters are fun, friendly and do explain things yes, but if there was no commentary - what the cats were doing wouldn't be obvious. The customer who gave one star for this DVD said the presenters stated the obvious...you only thought that because they explained what the cats were doing so well and they are nearly always right that it seems natural to watch. This is the reason you understand it...but to say it's too obvious..?

Personally I didn't know many of the things the presenters said.

My review is 5 star...I believe this is BBC at it's best and I agree one hundred percent with the other 2 customers who like me - enjoy watching this.

Neil.
on 7 October 2008
For anyone who is thinking of buying this DVD in the near future, please do not listen to the 1 star reviews given. it is an absolute load of rubbish. the whole of big cat week series one to four are fantastic and will take your breath away and you will enjoy this from the very start. I do not think that the big cat week could have been filmed in anywhere as inspiring, superb and as magical as the masai mara nature reserve in kenya. BUY IT!
on 31 January 2016
great film for the family one more classic to add to the collection ( very good sound and picture) one for the family who love wild life and want to sit all together some bits are very "realistic" but it is a good way to show the cruaelty of life in a natural environement to children...
on 3 July 2014
my partner remember watching this on tv however many years ago it was on, and we loved it now as much as we did then! we have two year old twins who love lions and we though we would get them this, it is well worth every penny, its great for the kids and us adults. the cheetahs are a real favourite is this house! wonderful dvd, a must have!
on 4 January 2008
Big Cat Week is simply the best nature documentary around. The reason for this is you really go in depth into these animal's lives. You simply do not get a "snapshot" of their lives, nor will you only see the good times, as on most shows. With Big Cat Week, you can see for yourself what life is like for the cats on the Masai Mara, and what they have to go through every day just to stay alive. The show gets way too little air time on the TV, and this DVD is a must!
on 13 November 2009
If you love watching big cats in Africa then "Big Cat Week" is for you. This third series is as good as the others.

The big cat experts- Jonathan Scott, Simon King, and Saba Douglass Hamilton, never disappoint and keep you very interested as they capture the daily lives of these cats. I became a fan of the show because of the narrators.

I love cheetahs the most and I find myself rooting for the little cheetah cub(Toto)in this third series just like Jonathan Scott. Toto reminds me of my Calico-American short haired cat with her colors and cute physical attributes. If I were on the show, I'd be calling her to safety when she needed it. I would get very involved. I know you aren't supposed to interfere with their lives but this show makes you want to reach through the television and protect all three kinds of cats.

The photography and the adventures are all top notch. The music grows on you too. There is a sense of peace with the various music scores. It blends nicely with the current situation.

Once again, if you love the big cats of Africa buy this dvd. You will love every minute and you'll want the half hour of all 5 episodes to go on forever!!
on 26 January 2007
Big Cat Week is one of the best wildlife programmes around. I think BBC don't do it justice by referring to it as a 'soap'. It is sooo much better than that!!

Basically a team of camera men and presenters track 3 sets of big cats for a month, and bring an episode to you each day for a week. There are moments that are just fantastic!

A great programme to watch with the family, but be prepared to be in tears by the end of some episodes.

My only criticism is of the presenters, who at times are extremely irritating.

But definetly worth seeing!! And for Amazon's great price, what's your excuse?
on 11 February 2013
Excellent as always deffo the best big cat programme around by far i would recommend this to ALL big cat lovers weather it be lion, cheetah or leopard you get a taste off them all here and you'll love it im sure ENJOY.
on 30 August 2014
Loved the first 2 series, so I just had to buy the 3rd. The commentary is wonderful, and I believe that this shows the BBC at it's best! The footage was beautiful and stunning. I highly recommend this DVD!
on 10 October 2011
This show is awesome. BBC needs to put every espisode ever made of the show in DVD and then they need to pick up the show for the next 50 years.