on 6 October 2012
I never really write reviews, but as I searched long and hard for the right keyboard amp I feel I should tell people about this one.

Don't listen too hard to anyone who's says this amp is no good for keyboards, for it's price it's pretty dam good. The 5 band EQ allows for a lot of adjustment if needed, and if you're putting a good digital keyboard through it you should be able to adjust the EQ before it even gets to the amp. NO amp of this price is going to recreate perfectly the sound of a piano, even if the keyboard you're using is a good one, you get what you pay for, but I tried others at this price and they sounded terrible, especially the Laney AH50, stay far away from the Laney. I bought this amp for a friend who's a classically trained pianist of may years and she was happy with the piano sound.

This amp kicks out some serious bass even when not boosted with the EQ, the high frequencies are clear and crisp even when using my rubbish dynamic mic. When you start to crank up the volume different sound sources can start to blend into one if you have 3 channels going at the same time, but it depends on what your're using, I had lots of weird synth sound and vocal loops going through it via a Boss RC-30. And when I say crank up I mean crank up....it's loud, you probably wouldn't need it that loud for small gigs, bigger gigs you would just take a line out to the main PA and use the amp as a monitor. What's the point in pushing the amp to the limit...use a proper PA if you need to fill a medium size room.

There is a tiny bit of hiss when you have the channel and master volumes turned up almost full, but this is perfectly normal for any type of amp. It's hardly noticeable.

The xlr mic input is exactly that, a MIC input, don't try plugging an xlr from your keyboard output as it will just clip and distort.

The onboard FX are just great, the reverb especially, lots of different options, they just finish your sound off.

I tried my electro acoustic guitar through it too (with DI box of course, don't try getting good results from high impedance pickups plugged into a LINE input without some kind of DI/preamp amp first, it'll sound bad and you may break something), it sounded great, could easily be used with acoustic guitar also.

Overall an awesome amp, I made the right decision for sure!
on 9 October 2013
I bought this combo a couple of months ago because I needed a portable amp for my keyboard. The build is sturdy and the sound quality is very good, especially considering the price (£170 at the time).

The volume controls for each channel are not very sensitive - they need to be turned up quite high to get a decent level. However, I've had no problems with distortion.

In my experience this 90w combo is not really loud enough for gigging with a rock band. At gigs, I prefer to use the amp as a monitor and go through main PA. It is, however, more than adequate for practising and would also be a good choice for a singer/songwriter playing small pubs.

Overall, I would say this amp is fine value for money but I would check out the competition (especially Laney) before buying.
on 10 January 2015
After much research on the internet, I decided that the best type of PA system to complement my electric violin was that designed for a keyboard. Behringer amps seemed good value for money and so, with advice from my son (who is in a rock band), I purchased the K900FX Ultratone 90W. At the lower sound levels I can practice at home (if not using my earphones), and at the higher levels I could perform in public. It is everything that I had hoped for - well-made, sturdy, not too heavy, the higher notes of my violin are not too "trebly", and it has some good sound effects that I am still experimenting with.
on 28 April 2015
I bought this to give a lift to digital drum kits (keyboard or freestanding), they sound a bit pathetic through small speakers. This more than adequately solved the problem and served as a reminder to turn down the volume when adding a new instrument to an amp! I have yet to test it properly in terms of quality of sound, but it seems fairly repectable for the limited use it has had so far.
It seems very solidly built externally and is unlikely to blow away in a draft!, in other words check its weight and dimensions if you live in a small flat, its a mite bigger than your typical practice amp.
After my first drum test the dog did getbrave enough to come back in the house!
on 28 January 2015
Arrived on time, Sounds and performs well although it's early days yet (2 weeks old). I'm using it at home with my Yamaha DGX-650 keyboard although I may gig it in due course. Even if you are not on a budget but are sceptical of the brand snobbery that you can encounter (I'd have bought an X, Y or Z), you'd be pleasantly surprised by that the K900FX has to offer. I hope to provide more feedback later when others I know have had a chance to play with it.
on 17 March 2015
Bought this for my Roland electronic drum kit, and this amp really failed to deliver in its ability to handle drum sounds despite the manufacturer claims is drum kit ready. Plenty of vibration and buzzy sounds especially when hitting the toms. Besides, behringer customer support never got back to me when I explained these issues. Ultimately I returned this amp.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2015
this is an excellent keyboard amp for gigging, plenty of punch when required in a medium size hall, delivered on time as requested

See one answered question