on 17 October 2016
Had a pair of these previously which did seem a bit more superior quality to this pair bought from Amazon. Comfortable shoes Bought at a great price.
The only problem is that no matter how tightly the laces are fastened the shoes do not feel snug on the feet. Possibly due to the stretch in the mesh fabric uppers although the previous pair I had did not have this problem.

Having said that, they are worn nearly every day so obviously not that big a problem but I am less likely to purchase another pair in future.
on 2 August 2017
Good shoe, well made but they come up a bit on the small side. Ordered a UK 9 and with benefit of hindsight a 9 1/2 would have been better.

Could have worn and allowed them to give over a couple of week by wearing with thinner socks but my son solved the problem by relieving me of them and now problems. He usually takes UK 8 1/2
on 1 June 2016
This is the second pair of these boots that I have bought. The previous pair are still going strong after 6 years but the soles are wearing a bit thin so I decided to replace them. They fit perfectly , are very comfortable to walk in and the price was very reasonable. Merrells' boots are always a good buy. Thanks. JR.
on 31 July 2016
Too early to give a proper review but feel good from first wear. The sole is also quite substantial so should last a longer than is the case with some other Merrell shoes I've owned in the past.

As always with Merrell, the sizing is small so buy one size bigger than you need. I am a size 9 with most other brands of shoe and a size 10 Merrell fits me perfectly. Although half sizes are available with this shoe I wouldn't risk going up just half a size as this would be still too small in my case.
on 8 August 2013
I've just ordered my second pair of Moab Vents, not because the first have worn out, they are still going strong and have loads of life left in them. I want a second pair so that I can give the first a chance to rest and recover as they are used hard every day.

So it's a different colour and the next size up as they are a little short compared to 'normal' UK size 9 and when I'm going downhill, there's a bit of pressure on the front of toes.

That is a minor and only drawback. Others have commented that Vents are too narrow but that's just fine for me.

Otherwise they are just a great shoe for what I want, light and all-day comfy from the box in hot, dusty conditions. No breaking in or sore spots. I can wear these 18 hours straight, no stress.

If you want ankle support, look at a mid Moab boot.

5 stars all day.
on 13 October 2017
These are the replacement Merrell’s for a pair I’ve hammered for a number of years (so long, I can’t remember how long). Although I can still wear the old pair, I thought I’d treat myself to a lovely new pair for the winter. I’ll still use the old pair for gardening! Thanks Merrell, sorryI haven’t needed to buy more.
on 18 November 2016
Good lightweight walking shoes. Not at all waterproof (but that's not the point), won't be wearing these much over the winter! Sizing is slightly small, as suggested in other reviews. I usually wear UK 9.5 but these shoes in UK10 are quite a snug fit.
on 7 January 2017
Over the years I've bought several pairs and find they fit extremely well and are very comfortable. I do a lot of walking (mainly on level ground) and regularly do 12 mile round trips. Personally, I would always buy this particular make/brand .
on 16 May 2017
Been wearing these for years. The latest pair doesn't seem as robust as previous pairs. The padding around the opening has split after just a few days. Perhaps I just got a duff pair this time.
on 23 May 2017
These are lightweight and, once the size is right, very comfortable. I initially took the advice of most reviewers who stated that you'll need to go a size up. I normally take 10 so ordered size 11 but they slipped at the back, which would make them uncomfortable after a while. I returned them and ordered my normal size 10, which fit perfectly. These are are for wearing on a long European city holiday break, so need something lightweight, breathable and very comfortable for all-day use. These should do the trick! As they're for hot weather use I'll be wearing light, cotton socks or trainer liners. With thicker walking socks they would be too tight.