on 15 July 2016
Absolutely excellent. Perfect for family, holiday camping. Would be a bit heavy for hiking, but if you are loading a up a car, then these are worth it. I bought three when they were on offer and have just used them for the first time. Very good value for money.

They were really warm and cosy. The 100% cotton fleece lining, meant that there was no uncomfortable sweating in the night, as there is with other sleeping bags, whose linings are not natural, but which use man-made fibres.

These bags are also enormous, so you can turn over inside them without taking the whole sleeping bag with you.

The lining also forms a flap over the zip, so you don't get woken up in the night by cold, hard metal scratching your skin.

The head part is also fleece lined and big enough, to keep a normal pillow in place, so it doesn't go slipping off the air bed in the night either.

Very strong, well-made robust sleeping bags. Very thick, almost duvet-like thickness and feel. Together with our air beds, it felt like sleeping in our beds at home!

Normally in sleeping bags, when I go camping, I manage to wake up sweaty AND cold, which is quite a feat!

I slept really well in this sleeping bag. Very good quality. Very pleased with my purchase.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 October 2013
At a packed size of 40 x 35 cm and weighing 2.7kg, this obviously isn't meant for backpacking! It is more for people with transport, so please don't make the mistake of buying this thinking you'll be able to fit it in your pack as I would imagine you would be frustrated with its bulk/weight.

Other than that, I got this as my Coleman Hampton 220 wasn't really enough for 3 season camping (though I got around it by taking an extra duvet). Wanting to save space in the car I opted for this and so far it has been excellent.

The bag feels lovely (has a nice soft flannel lining that is much warmer when you first get into it than synthetic lining). The hood closes fully around you and there is buckets of room inside :) I have broad shoulders, but didn't feel at all restricted (despite it being 10cm narrower than my 220), like to pull it up and snuggle the spare around my arms and body.

It keeps me nice and warm (late September on its own, whereas with the 220 I'd have been too cold without extra bedding). It means I can camp comfortably late March-late October (instead of early May-early-Sep) so this in it's own means it is highly recommended! I'll still use the 220 in warmer months, though, as this would be far too warm.

Despite it's size, it's very easy to put away. Simply fold it in half lengthways and roll it tightly up. The carrying bag is made slightly bigger, so it isn't a struggle to get back in, with buckled straps around the side to tighten it nice and (well as much as possible) compact.

All in all I'd recommend this to anyone (like I) looking to extend their camping time into (and out of) the darker months. It won't be enough in very cold temperatures (even in Britain), but it is a very nicely made and warm bag, with lots of room.
on 6 September 2015
Overall I'm not hugely impressed and now after a few tries think it was a waste of money. It looks great, arrived promptly but it isn't warm which is a major drawback for a sleeping bag! It doesn't fold around you so there are unpleasant cold pockets. I used it in June and August and was too cold. I wouldn't personally buy another or recommend.
on 21 August 2017
We bought two of these for two middle aged inexperienced campers (me included) - I was concerned about fitting into the cocoon shape bags. They are so comfortable - lovely soft lining and warm- and have plenty of room for the larger person! I would have happily slept in this for weeks! Highly recommended.
on 17 July 2015
I have only used this a few times but those few times have been a very nice experience, this is a very warm (for my standards) sleeping bag but this is ideal when you are sleeping next to the ground outside... The hood part is very comfortable for your head to rest on along with a pillow and gives a nice enclosed feeling whilst sleeping. It is quite large when packed but it always goes back in it's bag ok. I have been on a few motorcyle trips with it on the back and it performed great. The inner lining is very soft. I found it much better than cheaper sleeping bags I have used in the past. Highly recommend.
on 16 June 2012
A couple of years ago I bought one of these from a camping shop for my husband who hates the restriction of mummy bags around his legs.

Recently, when looking for a 3-season bag for myself, I selected the Coleman Hudson 450, not realising it was the same model as he had. The photograph doesn't really represent the true colour of the bag which is more of a dark blue with maroon colouring and a dusky mid-blue flannel lining.

As other reviewers have said, it is extremely warm, hot in fact, but it's easy to cool off by opening the foot zip or side zip. It is really roomy, plenty of room to shuffle around if you, like me, have never mastered the technique of rolling in a mummy-style bag. This also makes it perfect for anyone, who like me, is also a front sleeper.

Good quality zip and substantial zip baffle so it doesn't matter if you roll onto the zip and just a lovely roomy feeling with none of the restruction at shoulders, thighs and knees that you get with a non-rectangular bag.

The bag is well constructed with high lofted filling which is substantial and evenly spread, held in place with good quality stitching.

Little pocket built into the lining towards the top of the bag where small valuables could be stored

The bag it comes in is really for travel protection only and can't really be said to be a compression sack although it does allow you to reduce the bulk of the bag a little in one direction. Several reviewers have commented on the bulky size of the rolled bag but this could almost certainly be improved with the purchase of a proper compression stuff sack.

It's bulk does also mean that you do need additional hanging space for storing it unrolled when not in use - we've long since given up on a large wardrobe where various sleeping bags, dry and wet suits and rucksacks hang during the winter months.

Great bag, really good value for money and I would have no hestitation in recommending it to anyone who likes their warmth, particularly at either end of the camping season and who is camping with a vehicle to transport the thing.
on 21 February 2014
I had been looking for a double sleeping bag for trips to friend's houses and camping. The sleeping bag looks smart, more than 3 years on, it is going strong and the zips are still like new. The inside has bobbled a little but this is too be expected as it's had moderate usage. The soft cotton-type lining is very cosy and the bag is very warm without feeling too heavy. It is a perfect size for 2 people and total luxury if you're using it by yourself.
It comes with a sleeping bag cover that actually fits properly so is fairly easy to pack up. Once packed, it is big - i.e. not a compact sleeping bag you take in your rucksack hiking, however for car-led camping trips and overnight stays, it's perfect.
on 10 July 2017
Excellent sleeping bag that will please most people, the Coleman Hudson Sleeping Bag which is a comfortable double sleeping bag is sheer luxury that can also be used in the home for unexpected guests.
on 9 April 2013
In a word EXCELLENT.....Made VERY WELL Very strong Zip...none of the flimsy zip quality you find in the high street stores...

THE ZIP STAYS IN PLACE ..So you dont wake up in the morning with the sleeping bag round you ankles like 2 different ones i bought recenty from a well know high street catalogue shop begining with the letter A**** Both were returned, they were a complete waste of money ........THIS SLEEPING BAG IS BRILLIANT....VERY VERY warm Approx 6 foot long including the cowel type top part.....this IS NOT a mummy type sleeping bag.....there is plenty of room in it ...

so far i have slept in it with the temperature as low as MINUS 5 and it was great....TOP MARKS for Coleman Hudson ..there is a pocket with velcro fastner inside the top to put keys etc if needed.....the bottom part has a seperate zip..so you can open it if you want if you get too hot...it can also be zipped to another bag to create a double if needed...the inner lining is cotton and very soft too...the outer is the waterproof type covering....BUT it doesnt slide all over the place...

.I Think you will be hard pushed to find a better quality and one as warm as this for the money..It may not be as light as some makes so might not be the best for a rucksack holiday.....BUT with 450 gramms its not going to be light weight...This sleeping bag Should last for years, ITS Certainly the best one i have ever bought...
on 26 February 2016
We bought this to use when sleeping in our bongo as we were finding our thinner sleeping bags a bit cold. It's nice having a double sleeping bag, much more friendly! It is very roomy and there is no struggling or wrangling over it - and we are not particularly small people. The material is nice and not too slippy. It seems to be a very well made item as well. We find it keeps us really warm so are pleased with our purchase. I would recommend this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse