on 28 April 2008
I needed a headset for on-line gaming with my shiny new PS3.

Due some of my experiences with (namely) the PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360, I now to play the safe option with game console accessories. These days I tend to bite the bullet and buy the corporate branded gear to ensure decent support if trouble arises.

Therefore, my instinct was to buy the retail box of Warhawk that comes bundled with an approved bluetooth headset. However, when investigating what the retail box contained, I noted that Sony have elected to bundle the game with the Jabra BT125 headset. It was then a simple matter of sourcing the same product separately in order to save a bit of money.

Pairing the device with my console was about as easy I've ever had it with a bluetooth device. However, it's still not perfect. I can imagine that some people are likely to have trouble setting it up because they will plug in the charger and not realize that the device won't go into it's pairing mode unless it's able to run off it's own battery (actually, it's the fact that it won't activate at all whilst in "charging" mode - the power light is even re-purposed to indicate the status of the battery's charge). I found though that you can charge the battery for about 10mins, and that's enough to get it through the pairing procedure. You can leave it on charge later at your pleasure.

The product itself needs a bit of TLC when being to fitted one's ear. I would say that the Xbox 360's overhead-band design is more comfortable, but on the plus side you'll look much less like a berk when wearing the Jabra BT125. Also, since it's completely wireless you won't find yourself being yanked when you put the controller on the coffee table and walk away (forgetting to unplug the headset from it).

The sound quality is hard to assess as when I've used it it's been in an on-line game that uses a typical ultra-low bit rate codec for communication. What I can report is that I couldn't detect any latency or echoing feedback whilst talking, which is what you want.

This product is so cheap, it's hard to knock it.

To summarize: Excellent value.
44 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2008
Dont expect miracles from this little device but you can expect an excellent purchase.

I have only used the headset for online gaming on the ps3 and it works well with slight echo which i can only imagine is a problem with online gaming rather than the headset itself.

The device is a little fiddly to put in and around your ear but once achieved it will be easy to do from then on and once its on it stays perfectly in your ear, remains comfortable and you barely even realise you are wearing it.

The device is extremely easy to pair up if you read the instructions. Just hold the button for five seconds until you hear a start up sound in your ear then press again for a few seconds until the light is solid and then register the device on the ps3 xmb and then you are free to speak to the rest of the gaming world.

My only concern is that the talktime is as long as it states, I would say from a full charge you get about 4 hours of talk time from it. But when it hardly takes 2 hours for a full charge via a mini usb it makes the situation very minor.

Apart from this little detail my advice is to go and buy this great bit of kit as you wont find anything better for the price in my opinion.
on 17 January 2008
This headset has great sound quality so it does a good job and its pretty cheap. The only down side is that if you have quite big ears like me then you will find it tricky to keep the headset on in a compfotable position as it is very small. However after a few minutes of adjusting my big ears are compfortable now!!!!! hope this review helps.
on 11 December 2007
Well i know there are people saying it doesnt turn on, but if you follow instructions it is so easy, hold down the on button until the blue light stays on constantly, search for devices on your ps3, connect, job done.

It is loud, clear and fairly comfortable, i would highly reccommend, it adds so much to the gameplay its unreal!
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2008
This is the third headset I have bought for my ps3 and this is the cheapest! My other 2 headsets have annoying interference and always run out of battery quickly, the jabra bt125 however works perfectly. Setup was easy and battery life has lasted more then 5 hours in a row (I havent played on the ps3 any longer) once you have connected the headset to ps3 just hold the blue button until it stays blue without flashing and your away! Hope this helped
on 26 January 2008
One of the cheapest headsets i could find. The sound quality is better than the £25 units made especially for the PS3! Fits nicely and is really light! It's easy to pair up to things if you read the instructions!
on 18 September 2007
Best buy for a bluetooth headset, extremly cheaps and works flawlessly.

I use mine with the ps3 and from reading other reviews this is the best bluetooth headset for the ps3 and pretty much no one has had any trouble with it.

Simply hold the button, click once, and you can start chatting! It may be a bit troubling at first if you've never had a bluetooth headset before but it doesnt take long to work out!
on 6 January 2010
Paired this up with my PS3 and it works fine, no problems at all.

Paired it up with my mobile and although it works whenever I switch the headset off it doesn't connect again, I have to delete the paired device on my phone and create it again to get it working. The connection also seems to drop after a period of inactivity when connected to my phone, tried on Nokia and Samsung phones with the same issue. Don't have these problems with my ps3 however.

For the price, I don't really have any gripes - but if you're after something for motorway journeys for instance I'd spend a little more
on 4 March 2008
This headset actually comes with the disc version of WarHawk for the PS3 and that disc version with this headset is £40 if you buy this for £10 and download WarHawk for £20 your saving £10 on the headset it's self. I bought it seperatly as I was going to buy WarHawk on disc but after seeing it was this headset and in all for £40 I decided not too.

It linked up with my 40GB PS3 no problems and even connects to my Sony Ericsson K770i mobile with ease as well. Trust me buy this it's perfect for even playing Call of Duty 4 online too.
on 4 January 2008
Does exactly what it says on the tin, nice and simple. Charge it and then turn it on PS3 picks up bluetooth signal, bingo we are away. Could be bigger in size but things could be worse. Am fairly happy about my choice of headset for the PS3, would recomment it, the black also goes with the PS3.