on 26 July 2009
I was dubious about purchasing this item but I'm glad I did. Though this is one of the cheapest I found, the build quality is excellent. The intake connector that came with it had to be changed for use with my airline but with the standard threading was a piece of cake to change. I was also surprised with the clip type valve which works brilliantly. I have used it on Schrader valves and also with a presta valve adapter (had to find one with a long thread though).
on 14 June 2011
give it a miss its cheap. This means cheap and nasty dosn't fit tyre valves well at all and the guage is miles out of calibration. Give it a miss unless your just putting air into a beach toy.
on 30 November 2015
Sadly not compatible with our Powercraft Compressor so had to return goods. buyers beware threads differ on accessories(quick release couplers), some fine some coarse which you cannot tell from pics.. ended up with only a £2+ refund 'cos lots of postage taken off!!!
on 19 June 2012
The tyre inflator arrived in good time and worked OK once I managed to get it to fit my airline. The quick release coupling did not fit mine which I thought was standard. All my threaded airline connections are 1/4 or 1/8 inch BSP which this inflator is not. It's about half way in size so presumably a metric thread? The thread size is not mentioned in the item's description hence the three stars.
on 6 May 2015
Great piece of kit have been using it for a few years now with my lidl compressor and its not developed any faults like the el cheapo we had before.
I always find Silverline good equipment even though some feel its cheap and slightly nasty - its not!!!
on 3 May 2015
Does what it says on the tin; and would have got the full 5 stars, but, at least on this one, the dial doesn't want to rotate through 90 degrees, so that its visible along the axis of your arm when you're holding it. Dial is reasonably accurate +/- 1-2 psi
on 31 July 2012
I bought this to replace an identical ALDI item that had failed at the end where the inflator connects/seals to the tyre.

Since it came with a UK airline connector, where I needed a Euro connector, I found it easiest to just unscrew the rubber hose and use that on my old inflator.

The tool is of reasonable quality and works well. The pliable rubber hose is preferable to those with reinforced plastic hoses that stiffen in the winter. The clear and large air guage is marked in PSI and a range of Metric units including micropascals, Bars, and kg/cm. In reality, these are all prety much the same, but nice to have anyway.

In use the connection/seal to the tyre valve is tricky and requires hand pressure in addition to the clip that holds it in place.

The old one lasted two years and in view of the cost I would be satisfied if this one lasted the same. The version from ALDI came with quite a few attachments for inflating footballs, airbeds and the like. I don't use them but would be useful for some users.

It isn't anywhere near hardy enough for forecourt/professional use but a low price makes this product attactive. If it cost more than a tenner, I'd say look for something better.
on 30 July 2013
Can't beat the price - the gauge seems to be within a consistent couple of psi - I was surprised - normally I ignore the gauge and test tyre pressure separately - if it stays consistent it'll be more convenient - the fixing to the tyre valve is good and positive. The inflator comes with a 1/4" BSP push-fit hose fitting already installed which is no shown in the picture - which is fine for fitting to hose directly - but I wanted a bayonet fitting - the hose fitting installed is quite difficult to remove and if you don't have a bench vice I doubt you'll do it!! Just saying!
on 29 April 2011
Very much the sort of inflator you get as part of an accessory pack when you buy a compressor. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It does the job it says - it blows up tyres. You may have to change the connector, but that will all depend on what you already have on your airline.
on 7 February 2014
It's an ok product for the money but the pressure gauge is very difficult to read and be sure of accuracy because of the closely grouped legend. A shame the gauge is so poor as it would otherwise be a 5 star rating.