Size: 10m 120 Grit|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 May 2014
In spite of having some truly awful experiences with Silverline products, in particular their execrable sanding discs for Random Orbit devices (see my apoplectic review on all the appropriate pages) I live in hope and continue to buy the occasional product trusting that this time, surely, it might - MUST?? - work.

This time it does. Their on-the-roll sanding paper, while not being the absolute best, is good enough for real-world use and also represents outstanding value for money. It needs a bit of care not to rip it, (see below) particularly when wrapping it round a badly-designed palm sander but otherwise it's a good GP product that I will continue to buy.

A tip for anyone not knowing it:
When you've taken a piece of the roll, hold an end in each hand, grit side UP, and drag it across the edge of your bench a few times to "break its back"
This way, when its wrapped around a sanding block or a palm sander, it is far less likely to crack and tear than if you don't do it.

tip 2
Hanging a roll in a badly-lit bathroom is NOT funny.

Donations accepted at the usual P.O. box.
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2014
I was not expecting much from a silverline product but this roll of sandpaper is alright. Maybe not as thick as dearer brands but thick enough. I have used it on my orbital sander and also cut to shape and glued onto my worn sanding pads for both my detail mouse sander and my oscillating multi tool as this isva cheaper options than buying new sanding pads. So I give this product 5 stars.
Did you know that in Oklahoma USA. Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 May 2014

A tip for anyone not knowing it:

tip 2
Hanging a roll in a badly-lit bathroom is NOT funny.

Donations accepted at the usual P.O. box.
I realised many years ago that the most convenient way to sharpen pencils is to use a knife and sand paper, causing fewer pencil tips to break, avoiding wasting potentially precious and expensive pencils.

And so, when my previous roll of ”pencil sharpener” ran out, I bought this one, which, despite having the same listed grit as my previous one, does seem a little bit coarser, but perfectly fine for my use.

The backing paper on this is very thick, which makes it more durable had I regularly been using it for woodworking. Most of the sand paper I have handled in my life, mostly in school, has had a backing paper so thin it wears through very easily, making for a softer and more foldable paper, but one that you might have to throw away sooner.

So, if you’re looking for a solid and durable paper for sanding – or for sharpening pencils – I can recommend this one.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 February 2016
Quality roll of sanding paper.

Good value.

Ideal to have around the garage/shed.

Does tear quite easily which can be an issue when using it.

For occasional use it is fine and will last a long time.
on 20 March 2012
I'm a joiner and have used my fair share of rubbish sandpapers but this stuff is very good and cheap as well. Will defo buy again.
on 7 August 2013
When I am sanding, I don't want to spend a fortune on purpose cut sanding sheets. The important thing is that they are resilient enough to sand for more than two minutes without losing all their grit.

These are ideal for that purpose. It only takes seconds to cut the right length, and saves me a fortune. I was able to get 3 for under £11 compared to about £6 for one, with postage on top.

Very happy.
on 26 December 2012
A really excellent product for sanding down almost anything - I have used it on plaster and plaster repairs (filler), and also wood (swollen gate). I have used it hand-held, wrapped around a sanding block, and also mounted in a sanding holder. I have also used different grades - 80 Grit and 120 Grit - depending on the situation and required finishing.
To date, all applications have proved very successful and relatively easily accomplished - all DIY-ers should keep a roll in stock!
on 4 November 2016
This is thin and rips pretty easily so you go through it fairly quickly especially if used on a 1/3 sheet sander as I have done. Does not last long at all if used on metal but not too bad on wood and for decorating purposes. Overall I found it ok for the price, it's certainly much better than cheap traditional sand paper.
on 10 February 2017
OK, this is cheap sanding paper but there's no point in buying cheap if it doesn't do the intended job. This paper may be fine for hand sanding but on my orbital sander it is useless. It breaks after a minute or so--for me this happened every time until I gave up and took a trip to Screwfix for some better quality paper. Don't even think about buying this for machine sanding is my advice.