on 21 April 2013
I knew what I was buying and did not require anything to expensive, fits perfectly with the silverline drain rods that I also purchased, Im using the two together to remove moss from mt roof. The drain rods give me the distance I need and the Dropper opens up on return pull dislodging the moss and allowing it to roll down and off the roof. Simple.
on 4 September 2017
The wire stalk is a bit bendy and the threads are not compatible with "standard" drain rods, however, if you can get it to stay on, it does a good job of removing heavy deposits in the twinwall stainless flue I have.
Update.
I attacked the internal threads with a Dremel and managed to knock the high spots off sufficiently to get a nice tight fit on the drain rods I use. Haven't had any problems since.
on 29 December 2016
Loved this little attachment, was going to buy a telescopic pole (£15) and the expensive little attachment (£13) to go with it to clear the gutterings bud saved a few quid with this asI had the chimney poles anyway.
The attachment fitted my non silverline chimney poles and seem quite standard to all chimney/drain poles.
on 1 March 2011
The rods and the claw attachment do what they are supposed to do. However, I did find that they unscrewed as I was using them, even though I was trying my best to turn the rods in a clockwise direction, but once the rods get wet they are difficult to grip and twist. To combat this I would have liked to see a T handle which can be screwed into the end which would then allow me to screw in a clockwise direction when the rods are down the drain.

Unfortunately I didn't get the blockage cleared at the first attempt, but that was mainly due to the length of rods - I should have bought an extension set to take the claw right down to the main sewer. I've ordered the drain brush and scraper as I want to get the drains as clean as possible.

I also purchased a 15m drain cleaner which fits onto my pressure washer. Where the rods couldn't reach, this little gadget did, and between them I got the flow running again.

To summarise: Yes I would recommend the rods, but bear the following in mind -
; Make sure they're long enough to go the full length of the drain
; Twist clockwise to stop them unscrewing
; Use the Claw first to prevent the blockage from packing
; Push the rods in and out of the drain at various intervals to allow you to pull back any debris and remove it
; Wear something old which you don't mind throwing away afterwards!
on 6 May 2016
Fast delivery and well packaged. Really easy to use and effective. It comes with two bits, a plunger and a twisted end. Nice and light and easy to put together. Just be careful when dismantling as a little bit of waste water gets into the recess where you screw it together.....
on 29 May 2013
I have the 10m silverline heavy duty kit, which worked OK last time had a blockage: took a lot of plunging to work up enough pressure to clear it (maybe). This kit arrived the day it all blocked up again, so in under 5 minutes I was setup and pushed my now 14m drain rod all the way down to the main sewer (as can now reach)... and instantly cleared the blockage. Attachments seemed OK: just have to be careful to constantly rotate clockwise or youll be in worse doo doo than you were before. I can see how some reviews would say they were cheap (they are!) and broke: but I gave them a bit of welly and the pins didnt seem to loosen.

Hopefully won't need them again.
on 16 February 2012
A few weeks ago we had heavy rain and I discovered that our drains were blocked

It was dark and still raining but the drains had to be cleared as the water was beginning to gather in pools on our back yard.

I assembled all the rods and fitted the rubber plunger head. Because it was dark this came off, but I was still able to clear the gunk.

However, I was concerned about the plunger which had fallen off and could probably block the drains. I had to call out a drain clearer

He came out on a Sunday and was very prompt and efficient. The cost was also reasonable and he made a thorough clearout of our drains. He knew about the drain rod sets and had already experienced having to rescue broken rods!

One of his specialist rods cost nearly as much as my whole set.

My recommendations: make sure that all the rods and fittings are securely fitted and wherever possible work in daylight and wear gloves! These rods do work but are only suitable for light domestic use.
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2011
I wanted to unblock a rainwater drain (the one under the roof gutter downpipe) and I could not do this by putting my hand/arm in as the depth was too great. A quote from a local drain services was £75 plus vat.

This comes with a 100mm disc shape thingy which was just the right size for the job I wanted to do.

I attached this thingy to one of the poles (there are 10 in the pack which all screw to gether) and with a hose pipe running I plunged away. The blockage was cleared in about 30 seconds and I save a lot of money. Just in case I went round the other 4 drains

For all I know this may be the only good bit about the product but for me it was a winner and I will go around the drains again in about 6 months. Mean while I may try to sell the other 9 poles!
on 3 October 2017
I cannot believe what a bargain product this is. I followed the instructions carefully ensuring I twisted the right way to ensure they did not undo underground both going in and going out and the product worked in minutes to clear a blockage 20 feet underground. It would have cost hundreds of pounds to get a company to do this.
on 18 February 2017
Fantastic little device for the job it does. It arrived very quickly indeed. Pleased with said product and excellent service from the supplier, thank you.