Customer reviews

Size: 190mm|Change
Price:£20.90+ Free shipping

on 30 August 2015
Bought this to fit windows in my VW T5, it cuts the metal much neater and easier than a jigsaw, after using this I wouldn't even consider trying to cut out windows any other way. It goes around the corners very easily and the punch almost follows the line of the inner skin. For the price it's fantastic. I made sure not to exceed the 90 psi maximum pressure tho, ensure your air compressor is set accordingly.
review image
on 13 August 2017
This tool is very well designed. If has has a round nose which means it can be used with a template (like a router) or against a straight edge. The nose is a little over 14mm so you need a 14.5mm (or larger) pilot hole for internal cutouts. It is well balanced and easy to control. It produces a clean edge and doesn't warp metal sheet.

If you want this tool to last you need to keep it lubricated with air tool oil. You MUST to add 10 drops into the airline fitting before first use. If you don't use an oiler, then you need to add a couple of drops every 20 minutes or so. You can get a mini-oiler for about £5 (ASIN:B000LFYBD6).

Compressors are rated by 'displacement to free air' which means into almost zero back pressure. The displacement at 6bar is roughly a third of this value. i.e. A 10cfm, single piston compressor can only provide 3.3cfm continuously at 6bar. A larger tank helps but it takes longer to refill.

Don't race the tool or run it close to its stall speed.
on 14 October 2014
I bought these because I didn't think that the budget nibbler from Silverline was likely to last long - so I hoped that 5 spares would enable me to complete the job.

However, despite a fairly substantial job cutting lots of holes in a panel van and a bit of other sheet metal work I'm still using the original die and punch supplied with the nibbler. Given how long this original has lasted I expect a pack of five will last me about 20 years!

Good value for money but I'm not sure how many DIY users will ever need these.
on 14 October 2014

Good value for money but I'm not sure how many DIY users will ever need these.
on 31 August 2013
I have been using this on new 1mm sheet metal, as well as car body panels and its been great, although it won't cut rusty metal very well. The only problem I had was the thread in the middle loosened, but this was easily sorted by clamping the main body in a vice and tightening the top back on with a spanner. As someone has prev said, it does use a lot of air as I only get about 20 seconds use before my 50 litre compressor has to re fill.
on 1 August 2012
For the price I wasn't expecting much, but I needed to cut some square holes in thin aluminium (probably 1mm thick) so thought i'd give it a go.

I was impressed by the finish the nibbler gave, especially if you use the tool against a nice straight edge, which meant minimal filing (always a plus). It does have a habit of jamming if the metal chips don't clear properly, but tapping the protruding end of the cutter on the bench clears them away with minimal fuss.

Its not as noisy as I thought it would be, in fact it was drowned out most of the time by the compressor struggling to keep up.

Time will tell how long the cutting punch lasts, but as i'm not cutting anything heavy and replacement punches are pretty cheap anyway.

In all a great nibbler for the price, exactly what I needed.
on 26 January 2017
Did exactly what I needed. Excellent tool. Needs a lot of air but my 50l compressor managed ok although it was on quite a lot of the time I was using this.
on 16 August 2017
good product
on 28 September 2016
Rubbish worked for 10seconds then stoped back shot of it damaging neighbours car
on 20 August 2015
looks like a great product, bought at the same time as a new nibbler so as yet not used