TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 July 2015
I realised many years ago that the most convenient way to sharpen pencils is to use a knife and sand paper, causing fewer pencil tips to break, avoiding wasting potentially precious and expensive pencils.

And so, when my previous roll of ”pencil sharpener” ran out, I bought this one, which, despite having the same listed grit as my previous one, does seem a little bit coarser, but perfectly fine for my use.

The backing paper on this is very thick, which makes it more durable had I regularly been using it for woodworking. Most of the sand paper I have handled in my life, mostly in school, has had a backing paper so thin it wears through very easily, making for a softer and more foldable paper, but one that you might have to throw away sooner.

So, if you’re looking for a solid and durable paper for sanding – or for sharpening pencils – I can recommend this one.
on 15 April 2014
I was not expecting much from a silverline product but this roll of sandpaper is alright. Maybe not as thick as dearer brands but thick enough. I have used it on my orbital sander and also cut to shape and glued onto my worn sanding pads for both my detail mouse sander and my oscillating multi tool as this isva cheaper options than buying new sanding pads. So I give this product 5 stars.
Did you know that in Oklahoma USA. Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
on 7 August 2013
When I am sanding, I don't want to spend a fortune on purpose cut sanding sheets. The important thing is that they are resilient enough to sand for more than two minutes without losing all their grit.

These are ideal for that purpose. It only takes seconds to cut the right length, and saves me a fortune. I was able to get 3 for under £11 compared to about £6 for one, with postage on top.

Very happy.
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2016
Quality roll of sanding paper.

Good value.

Ideal to have around the garage/shed.

Does tear quite easily which can be an issue when using it.

For occasional use it is fine and will last a long time.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 September 2015
This is perfectly fine for hand sanding, or wrapping around a block, but I found that it wasn't really strong enough to attach to an electrical sander - I tried, but it kept breaking very quickly.
on 4 November 2016
This is thin and rips pretty easily so you go through it fairly quickly especially if used on a 1/3 sheet sander as I have done. Does not last long at all if used on metal but not too bad on wood and for decorating purposes. Overall I found it ok for the price, it's certainly much better than cheap traditional sand paper.
on 26 December 2012
A really excellent product for sanding down almost anything - I have used it on plaster and plaster repairs (filler), and also wood (swollen gate). I have used it hand-held, wrapped around a sanding block, and also mounted in a sanding holder. I have also used different grades - 80 Grit and 120 Grit - depending on the situation and required finishing.
To date, all applications have proved very successful and relatively easily accomplished - all DIY-ers should keep a roll in stock!
on 31 January 2017
Arrived very quickly, the product is exactly as advertised and does the job very nicely. I wanted it for sanding down end grain when woodturning. Tears nicely when folded over and lasts quite a while. I'd buy it again.
on 29 April 2014
I'd previously thought a roll would be much better value for an electric sander, but definitely not this roll! It hardly lasts a few minutes before the paper splits and I've found that buying better quality paper is better value because you don't end up having a massive pile of sandpaper that can now only be used by hand. Once you use it by hand it also is of a quite poor quality grit and the amount of extra energy and time used by using this as opposed to a better quality makes it rubbish value also.
on 3 May 2014
I agree with some reviewers that the paper with which it is made is prone to tearing after a while, so putting it on a sander won't really work, but as a hand sander, this is very good. I tend to bend a strip in half and this makes it pretty firm. The abrasion is very good and it sands wood easily. A piece lasts quite a while before it starts to go bald. Perhaps not for professionals but great for those who just want to sand away roughness on wood or to remove varnish or paint.