Style Name: Spirit Level 1800mm|Change

on 4 October 2013
Can't use a level that gives different reading when you turn it , tried it on work top, 5mm off one way so flipped the level it was 5mm off the other way , unusable. Also different level than the one pictured was supposed to be ribbed but they sent boxed. Going straight back .
on 19 October 2014
this is awesome and massive, I used this to check my floors were level also great for walls and large structures. I also could not stop laughing when it arrived. I was thinking about the other reviewer who ordered this thinking it was a normal sized one! must have been a shock when this thing turned up, I was shocked and I knew it was gonna be big :)
on 20 December 2015
For the price, this level is a steal. It's not the heaviest level by any means as the construction is pretty lightweight but overall this is an excellent budget priced level that gives accurate readings.
I used my for dabbing plasterboard sheets onto a wall and I didn't want to buy an expensive level as this was just a one off job. For this purpose, I could have done with just a little more weight in the item but saying that, it still did the job well and at this price, it really is a steal.
on 11 March 2013
I could have used a longer level in the past, but not got one because the cost didn't warrant it when I could use my 600mm level, just with a bit more difficulty. However I had a large floor to level and as I just needed it for one job really I settled on this one as it was cheap.
It's a simple level, with no rule along it like some models have and it did the job I wanted perfectly.
It is quite light, which actually helps when positioning it at arms length or reaching for it, but I don't think it will take much punishment. Levels should always be treated carefully anyway, but I did notice on this one that when I accidentally put some weight onto it as I was getting up (when it was supported at the ends but not the centre) that it flexed a little. No damage was done but that is something that a more expensive model probably wouldn't do.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2014
The level is everything it should be for the DIY market. Level & true, used it for building a utility room in the garage constructing stud walls and laying a wooden floor very pleased. Not sure if it would stand up to heavy work in the construction industry as it is very light.
on 15 August 2013
My old spirit level had been permanently 'borrowed', and I needed one, so I ordered this in haste. Completely failed to register the '1800 mm' in the title, and read in the product description '108 x 6 x 2 cm', which seemed a suitable size for the job I was undertaking.

So it's entirely my fault that what arrived was nearly twice as long as I expected (although it might be an idea for somebody to correct the size information, in case anyone else misses the obvious, as I did!)

It seems well made, as far as I can tell it's pretty accurate, so there's nothing really to criticise. Just be aware that it's nearly six feet long, so it's not suitable for use in a confined space, but, at £12.61 including P&P, it's not badly priced.
on 7 August 2014
Good level well priced. It is accurate but very light so if you drop it or drop something on it it will get damaged quite easily I would think. A word of warning though. It comes with two machined edges on the bottom which is good for accuracy but the edges are quite sharp so a word of caution for those using it on finished surfaces like table tops or work surfaces.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 June 2013
It was a long time coming, as the first supplier let me down and I had to reclaim the money and reorder. So by the time I got it most of the jobs I wanted it for had been done, but it will come in useful another time.

The bubble holder is not particularly rigidly fixed and could possible move slightly if knocked, so it may be worth checking its alignment occasionally.

The aluminium body of the level is a sturdy box section, with a machined edge, perhaps to take out the very slight curve, but it seemed a bit unnecessary for such a budget priced item.

For what it cost, for my occasional use, I am very pleased with this level. I wish they would put the horizontal level nearer one end, as I am mostly resting it on one end while holding the other, such as to line up shelf bracket. It is then a long way to crane your neck to look at the bubble in the middle, particularly while balanced on some steps.
on 12 September 2013
I ordered this longer spirit level for a project that I'm working on, it came 2 days before the delivery date which was great because the blocks turned up the same day. It's ideal for a diy'er like myself who only needs to use it every now and then don't know if it would be suitable for someone in the trade.
on 17 November 2015
All I can say is that it arrived quickly , used it twice then found that the horizontal bubble has gone completely out of true and can not seem to get a replacement. Very disappointed.