Price:£3.88+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 August 2012
I purchased these Siverline Soft Vice Jaws to augment my Draper 38267 75 mm Bench Vice which I also bought from Amazon, and as shown by my review for that item I was very pleased with it.

I respect Draper as an excellent and reliable brand, so was about to purchase Draper Expert 14178 100 mm Soft Jaw for Engineer's Vice when I noticed the Silverline (another brand I respect) equivalents.

The Draper Soft Jaws are £5.54 for one (I must admit to finding it a bit odd that they are not sold as a pair?!), where as the Silverline Soft Jaws are £4.33 for a pair!

This meaning that the Siverline set is approximately a third of the price of a Draper 'set'.

Now, I accept this price comparison means very little if the quality offered by Silverline is below par; however, I am happy to report that this is most cetainly not the case. The Silverline Soft Jaws are strong yet light, well made, with good quality and effective rubber grips; the holding magnets on the back whilst small do offer sufficent holding power.

The fact that the Soft Jaws are 100mm wide and the vice in question 75mm makes no difference to their use.

Another quality product from Silverline that does exactly what it's supposed to at a very reasonable price, with the usual lifetime guarantee.
on 28 May 2012
Perfect wee set for the pillar drill vice although don't expect the magnets to start attracting your belt buckle. The magnets are only there to secure them in situe when vice empty and/or open. Firm rubber grip and I can forsee them lasting many years and along with the price, well worth the outlay.
on 2 November 2014
They are a perfect fit for my 4" vice; however if the magnetic side of the product is an issue..
The product shown is not the same as the product sent.
This shows a magnetic strip running along the length of the soft jaws.
The ones I received had 2 round magnets on each half.
review image
on 11 August 2015
Did job perfectly without marking workpiece and gripped strongly. Should have looked to see if Amazon offered 60mm jaws as these are 100mm jaws and are longer than my vice jaws (a Rolson 16279 60mm swivel table vice) still they fitted ok even though they were longer. Magnets are a good idea but since I grew up on soft jaws without magnets that were just plastic inserts in aluminium holders I didn't miss the magnets so I have nothing to say about the positioning or strength of the magnets on these jaws. Soft jaws are essential if you don't want your vice to mark the workpiece. It's best if you have a set of soft jaws that actually do fit your vice though, even though, I was able to manage without difficulty with the longer jaws. If you have the right size jaws you can leave them on the vice permanently.
on 24 December 2015
great vice jaws. magnetic, so really easy to fit and hold on the vice. The rubber is very soft though, and the work piece can twist and pull the rubber - so some care is required to use them when appropriate, and not all the time (My son keeps using them for everything - and thats not what they are designed for. they have therefore already had more abuse than they deserve and the rubber has not torn off yet - which is a testament to the build quality.
on 12 November 2013
I purchased a record 1 ton 4" vice and purchased these soft vice jaws to prevent marking more delicate items.
There is only 2 small magnets in each jaw, they fall off continually.
The rubber in them is very soft so it is nearly impossible to hold small items with any security.
Cheap item but too expensive
on 2 November 2015
As another customer said: Why pay more? Silverline may not be the A1 company of choice when it comes to outstanding quality tools but how wrong can you go with soft grip vice jaws? Haven't used them yet but they seem decent enough and for the price, who could grumble?
on 10 October 2015
Good idea as these are magnetic so they always stay on the vice jaws. The inner jaws are in soft rubber so hard to imagine any workpiece being damaged by these. I only wish they did these in other sizes as my vice is 125mm (actually 5") but it is my grandfathers and is100 yrs old !
on 3 December 2010
Excellent product, magnetic jaws fit perfectly and are just what is needed to prevent marking of silver used to make jewellery.
on 15 February 2014
Rubber came off after first use - yes first use!!! Would strongly recommend people to buy a different make. Wasted my money.