on 2 August 2016
I searched everywhere for this film as I watched it when younger and loved the magical feel about it.

Sadly when it arrived it only worked for 20 minutes, seller refunded so back to my hunt for this dvd
on 6 April 2016
A very underrated film indeed! It may not have equalled MGMs ("Wizard") but Metro were unbeatable in late 30s! More `Grimms Fairy Tale` in style-but enthralling! Helen Ericson (Light) John Collins (Tylo) and Gale Sondergaard (Tylette) very good indeed!
on 15 March 2008
I love this film but are disappointed that I had to go out and buy a multi region dvd player just to play this dvd cos you can't get it on region 2.But was well worth it.
on 28 April 2015
Watched this movie as a child....Still enjoy to this day. A Very beautiful emotional movie...a MUST SEE Especially for Shirley Temple(May She Rest In Peace In Heaven ..just like she was in Heaven In this movie) Fans. I Love ALL her movies and this Will Always bring fond memories of watching with my Family as a little girl.
on 9 March 2014
Took me back to when I was a child, she was so cute and a clever little actress, I am now able to show it to my grandchildren and gt-granchildren which I always wanted to do, and was so pleased when I discovered I could get it.
on 22 August 2011
fab film !! have been trying to get this for years!! i once watched it with my nan and always remembered it, its now on my 4 year old daughters fave list ! classic ! you learn to ignore sub-titles !
on 4 March 2013
My child fave film! For so long I could never get it for this region. So pleased. Just how I remembered it!
on 12 August 2014
Although Shirley Temple was just a little before my time I admit that I am a bit of a fan. Some of the movies she has made are just a little on the coy side but non the less enjoyable. In this movie although still a sub-teen she is just a little bit more on the mature side. If you know the story it concerns a very spoiled little girls attempt to find the happiness and comfort she believes is missing from her life. A fairy godmother sends her and her little brother with their dog and cat in human form on a quest to find the legendary Blue Bird of Happiness along the way learning a few home truthes. A well made if dated version but non the less enjoyable. I only had it one day and watched it twice thats how much I liked it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2015
The DVD was delivered in the time stated and in good condition. The quality of the DVD was fine, unfortunately, (no fault of the those who produced the DVD) the film itself was awful - I can see why it didn't do well at the time.. I only wanted it because it was the first film I remembered seeing as a 3 year old. So I wasn't disappointed. I found it interesting.
on 26 October 2015
Won't play! Supposed to be all regions - bought for my Mum who has only just had time to open it and it won't play on her DVD player. Too late now to request refund as bought in July