Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 July 2015
Love the sound track written by Jimmy Webb and performed by America. Kids love this as one of their heritage DVD. Still watch it occasionally 20 years on
on 28 December 2012
I bought this for my partner's children as I used to watch it a lot as a child and had a bit of a reminiscing moment. They are 4 & 6 and they love it too.
on 17 December 2012
This is a lovely old cartoon, my grandson and I enjoyed it ,although it is quite sad in parts. I had seen it before, but it was worth watching again.
on 21 February 2013
quality of video is quite high for such old footage, sometimes has flicker here and ther but that just adds to the charm. really mystifying film.
on 21 May 2016
Even better than i remembered as a kid, definitely worth buying! Songs and storyline are brilliant and it brings back so many childhood memories
on 23 May 2014
This is one of my daughters favourite films. An oldie,but a goodie. Really great buy and recommended to anyone with mythical loving children.
on 20 May 2012
My daughter loved the last unicorn DVD, but said that very young children might find it too scary !!! She thought it was an excellent story.
on 6 May 2014
I loved this as a child and bought it for my god daughter who is crazy about unicorns. He mother has told me that she is also a great fan.
I won't give away my age but when I spotted this on DVD it was an instant must have purchase as this had been one of my favourite films growing up. My Nan still has this film on video from when she bought it for me many years ago but as video players are pretty much obsolete nowadays and neither myself nor any friends and family own one, the video has sat unloved (but not fogotten!) on my Nan's video shelf (which she refuses to throw the contents of it away) for many years.

I was actually browsing for a different DVD for my son when this came up in the "customers who purchased this also purchased..." list and as I said above it was an instant add to basket and purchase. My son is absolutely addicted to the DVD at the moment and has this on almost every morning before breakfast. It is so nice and very strange to see my own son getting so much enjoyment out of a film that I thought I'd never watch again let alone the 50 or so times I've now watched it with him!

Surprisingly the film quality is actually really good and even the sound and music has been transferred onto DVD okay. The story is the same and tells of The Last Unicorn who sets out to find the rest of the Unicorns and what has happened to them. She finds out from a funny bird that the Unicorns have been taken by the Red Bull and then later that the Red Bull is being commanded by King Haggard. After being captured by a witch and a run in with a Harpy she meets up with the magician Smendrick who vows to help her. Other characters include Prince Lear, Molly and a drunk skeleton (I think the mention of the skeleton may jog memories who watched this when they were young).

Like other reviewers have said, I knew the songs and the words to them within a few seconds of hearing them again and I can't believe all the parts and music I had forgotten. A real but wonderful blast to the past and still an enjoyable film even for the future generations. If you loved this film when you were a child then you'll fall in love with it all over again.
on 19 November 2015
A brilliant movie for kids (and big kids!). A compelling storyline that is entertaining and heartwarming. A must for all unicorn lovers!