on 20 March 2014
I got a smaller version of this bag, the Apex 60, for my Panasonic Lumix LX7, and whilst that is a good case for that camera, if you add the electronic viewfinder (LVF2), the camera becomes a real pain to get in and out. That's why I bought this Apex 100 as a secondary case, for those times when I want to use the camera with the LVF2. This Apex 100 has a main compartment with a moveable, adjustable velcro section, so you can do what you like with that. I actually put it at the bottom of the case and it sits snuggly and securely there, providing additional base padding, as the main compartment happily takes the LX7 with the viewfinder attached. There is a small webbing pocket in that same section which could hold a battery, but to prevent any risk of scratches or damage, I use it to store a small sachet of silica gel to absorb moisture. On the other side of a padded divider in this bag there are three pockets: two small ones which can hold a battery and perhaps a tripod plate (I have a spare Manfrotto quick release plate) or a second spare battery. There is also a little pocket with velcro seal for a memory card. The shoulder strap is padded and well made, and the attachment points are secure. There is a belt loop which is closed, so you'll have to take off your belt to fit this case to it, but I think part of the reason for that is security. You wouldn't want the case to risk falling off due to the weight or perhaps being pulled off by running thieves in the street. Two zipper pulls on the single zip make it very east to remove the camera by opening them part-way, or completely to get easier access to the accessory compartment pockets. You could fit a compact camera shoulder strap in there too.

All in all, with the grab handle and all the other features, including the rain-jacket which has its own pocket, this is a well made camera bag for an advanced compact camera system. This case also fits my Fuji X20, though not if you have the lens hood fitted. It's always a challenge to find a case which not only suits your camera, but also the range of accessories that you wish to carry. Well, this case is excellent for the Lumix LX7 and I hope this is helpful to someone as I had quite a bit of trouble trying to find a suitable case. I use the Apex 60 for more compact use without the viewfinder, and the Apex 100 for more specialist photo-missions.
4 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2017
Like a number of other reviewers, I have a (2009) Panasonic FZ28 bridge camera. I bought this camera bag as it was smaller and more compact than my old one. It seems well constructed and well padded, and features an internal velcro-ed divider which can be re-positioned as required. By placing the camera 'end down' with the lens facing the front of the bag, enough space is left on the other side of the divider to hold 4 x CGR-S006E / Duracell DR9668 batteries side by side - which are standing on top of my retractable lens cleaning brush. I then positioned the camera strap on top of the batteries. Having left the rather peculiar cardboard 'divider' in position, a 'Boots' / 'Calotherm' lens cleaning cloth was then slid into the space where the 'built-in' cleaning cloth is attached. At the back of the bag, where the 'top lid' is attached, is a rectangular mesh pocket which is just the right size for my slim, aluminium case holding up to 6 'SDHC' Memory Cards. There are a further 2 small square storage pockets in the top 'lid' The top carrying handle and the adjustable shoulder strap seem pretty robust. The material of the bag seems to be some kind of nylon / polyester 'canvas' fabric which I assume will be rainproof.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 April 2015
This is a great sized camera bag, big enough to hold my camera with its lens in place which means that there is no delay from taking my canon EOS M3 out of the case to snapping away.
However, there is also a divider which is held in place by two Velcro sides which means that should I wish I can store my camera and its lens separately.
The case is nicely padded without being too bulky and offers good protection from small knocks and bumps.
There is room inside for my camera, its lens, a separate memory card and spare battery, more than enough for my needs.
It is made from is a strong weave polyester and it even comes with its own little anorak tucked away in the outside front pocket to protect your gear if it starts to rain.
The strap had a padded shoulder section, is a good length and is easily adjustable, there is alos a beelt loop on the rear if you wish to attach it to your waist.
This offers good value for money and I would be happy to recommend it.
on 4 July 2011
I was looking for a case for my Nikon Coolpix L120 but I wanted the smallest possible (and practical) case that I could find. I was wavering between this bag or the larger 110 version. I plumped for the smaller as I didn't want to carry too much weight around with me. Note that the Lowepro website doesn't offer this case when you specify the L120 on their bag finder section.

I'm glad I did as the case fits the Nikon perfectly. It slides in sideways with the grip uppermost, and there's room above the lens to coil the camera strap. A box of spare batteries fits easily into the pouch inside the lid, and there's also handy storage for a memory card or two. There's a little room left if you wanted to store some other small bits and pieces on top of the camera too.

It seems very well made and tough. I like the rubber/plastic protection strips which will protect it when it is picked up/put down a lot. The carrying handle on top is a useful extra feature and the shoulder strap buckles have swivels which is a nice touch. The rain cover will no doubt come in useful too. I've got an older Lowepro case for my compact camera which has stood up well to hard use so I have high hopes that this new case will be as good.

The inside lining is very soft and should protect the camera well. I removed the internal divider as there's no need for it with the Nikon. If you have a smaller compact camera however, you could easily fit a mini tripod and maybe a travel battery charger in here too.

My only *slight* critisism is that the shoulder pad on the strap can't slide over the adjuster buckle so is in the wrong position for me unless I make the strap longer. This is common to most shoulder straps though I've found.
13 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 July 2015
Very snug fit for Panasonic GX7 with 14-140mm lens. There's not much room left in the bag! But you can slide a spare battery and memory card down the front divider section and you could possibly squeeze a pancake lens in next to the attached zoom. Something like the 12-35mm would definitely allow for another pancake lens. Bag is well made and exactly right for what I wanted - which is to just carry the camera with zoom lens attached and a spare card and battery. Not really had a chance to test the bag properly long-term but I like the addition of a hidden away rain cover for bad weather.
on 15 April 2016
This camera bag is great to keep my camera safe, the waterproof lining is perfect when taking photos outside and then the clouds open and you get soaked. But rest assured your camera will not get wet thanks to the waterproof lining, my camera and bag was bone dry after being stuck in a downpour. There is a slot/ pocket at the back of the bag where the lining is stored and you just slide it out and put it over the camera bag, its so easy and isn't difficult or fiddly. Inside the camera bag you have a memory card slot which is velcroed so that the card doesn't accidently fall out. The camera bag has plenty of space inside it but doesn't look bulky when you do have your camera and other bits inside. The bag is nice and lightweight and well padded.
on 4 February 2017
The Lowepro Apex 100 AW is an excellent case, only slightly too large for an LX100, that nevertheless can be made to fit the camera by adjustment of interior velcro padding provided for that purpose. There is additional room for a spare battery and sd cards. I returned mine because it arrived scuffed and poorly packed, which is unusual for Amazon. Bother. I've tried several cases for the LX100 and this is the first one that fitted and offered sufficient protection. Now I'll have to buy one in a shop that I can see is new. Sorry Amazon, you're usually really great at this.
on 15 August 2012
Wary of the bag that Amazon suggested when purchasing my new camera (a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen - which I can also heartily recommend!) I went for this, as I have had Lowepro backpacks before and always found them good quality.

This is slightly more expensive than the one recommended for the HS30, but the extra few pennies are more than worth spending. It is plenty big enough without being cumbersome. It is rain/shower proof, with a decent sized shoulder-strap. It is comfortable to wear, easily holds camera, extra battery, charger, screw in filters and a little note pad. I am more than pleased with this bag. Extra little pockets for memory cards are nice - and there is even a rain hood built in for when the weather gets really nasty (like - British Summer Time).
5 people found this helpful
on 11 July 2012
I have a Panasonic FZ150 which I normally wear around my neck at all times, NOT in a bag - so it's always ready to use. Even if I get caught in the rain, I still have no need for a camera bag out in the field - I just put on a lightweight kagoul that covers both me and the camera around my neck.

But, I wanted something to protect the camera when it's NOT in use (eg. in the house, while travelling in car/plane, etc). I have a bunch of accessories for the FZ150 (extra batteries, cards, telephoto lens and adapter, filters, gorillapod, lens pen, small rocket blower, red dot sight, etc). And I have a small shoulder bag, which is EXACTLY the right size to carry all these - there's no room left for the camera (or anything else really).

So I needed an extra bag - one with minimal size, that is just big enough for the camera and nothing else... and the Apex 100AW is almost ideal for this purpose.

If you remove the adjustable divider inside, the FZ150 with lens cap and strap fits nice and snug inside, with very little room for anything else. It's very well made, with good thick padding. It inspires confidence. For my purposes, the shoulder strap, "raincoat", and the little loops/sleeves/pockets are a little overkill, and only add unecessary bulk - but that's a minor quibble, others will no doubt find them useful, and I suppose I might too one day.

It deserves a 5-star rating if you only use it the way I do. But because not everyone is like me, I have to point out: The bag closes using a zip, which is rather long and U-shaped. It goes from the front of the bag... up, over and around the top... and back down the front. That's four 90-degree angles to get the zip around. This means that if you carry your camera (any camera) around in it, and want to get it out very quickly to grab a sudden photo opportunity... this is probably NOT the bag for you! And this is why I give it 4 stars, not 5.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 August 2015
I like this camera bag , the build quality is very very good as is usual with lowepro bags

however its just so small , it will fit the sony a6000 with kit lens attached but nothing else , as soon as I put the sony 50mm f1.8 emount lens on my a6000 the camera bag became useless and had to be sent back

if your buying this item please be sure that it fits your camera , the sony a6000 with kit lens is very small , that's how small the inside of this bag is , for me that makes it kind of useless as its just to small.

however if its what you need then you cant go wrong the build quality is great and the weatherproof bag design top notch , just remember its very very small