Size: 7,5 kg|Colour: black - black - black|Change

on 6 January 2014
I upgraded to this weight level recently and whilst it might be slightly ambitious for me after taking a Christmas break from training, I will work back up to this level again. These weights are the best ones out there imho. As a girl I started off with those rubbish little purple/pink plastic things. Wish I had never bothered. after reading a shed-load of material encouraging women to lift more, I decided to go for it, and honestly? It's worth it!!!

It terms of these weights specifically, they are the right shape not to go rolling around on the floor, the grip is good (even when sweaty - but wear gloves, calluses are a pain) - they are a hundred times better than any of the other weights that I've tried, even the rubber ones, which are easier on the hands, but mark easily and feel horrible when your hands get sweaty. These are the weights I use in the gym as well. Well worth getting. I've marked it as 4 stars because the packaging was just a flimsy box with some plastic cord/tape/stuff around it. By the time it arrived to me, the lack of packing materials meant that the box was quite battered. However, these are tough weights!! Essentially, you could bash these around and they won't break so packing isn't really that important in terms of breakage but a stronger box might be better to stop them from falling through.
on 19 July 2013
I have the 2x10Kg set of Bodymax Rubber Hex Dumbbells as well as these. They are a fantastic product!

I've had them a little over six months now and I have used them at least three times per week.

I store them in my garage, which is subject to the UK's variable climate.
They've withstood condensation forming on the handles (when the temperature suddenly raises from very cold). And since I often forget to clean them after a workout; corrosive sweat.

Initially, I was worried that the chrome might start to blister and I'd end up with rusty handles. But not so. They still luster.

The rubber coated ends are very durable indeed. I slam them into the floor during some of my exercises and they really absorb the punishment. And of course, they hardly make a sound if you drop them.

I love the feeling of the contoured grip too.

They're proper kit and they make a massive difference to my workouts. I like them so much I want to extend the range of my collection further.
on 11 May 2016
Yes these did smell a bit for a couple of days but what do you expect from a molded product. Other than that there is no reason to dislike them at all. As advertised, delived before the date stated and will last a lifetime when used correctly.

Recomended.
on 7 April 2016
I'm very pleased with these dumbbells. Yes they do smell a bit for a while as others have mentioned. I got round this by keeping them in the kitchen for a few days! The design is good; the handles are comfortable, the rubber weights are small and the shape stops them rolling around. If I buy different sizes I'll look at this make first.
on 29 July 2013
Well they are expensive but I would think they have put free delivery because of the price and trust me shipping heavy weights isn't cheap but other than the price these are excellent

Very good condition no chips or breaks like with other companies
Very heavy for training

The guy that dropped them off couldn't pick them up but the packaging was all ripped up but it don't bother me I prefer to let him keep the packaging and it be recycled properly to save the environment I have no problems with the product plus the delivery time was very good, overall a nice 9/10 very good buy
on 2 March 2014
I've been trying to get fit and build up more muscle over the last few months and my old 3kg weights were not helping me at all.

These weights are very good quality, the grips are solid and fit nicely in to my hand and they don't roll around when i put them down. They are doing me wonders now and I would recommend these to any person who's looking to build up their muscles
on 7 April 2015
Again, superb for £40 but they do smell potent - so you probably can't get away with having them lie around in your bedroom/living room unless you like the smell of processed/plastic/polywhateveritscalled. Grip is decent but one of mine sliiiightly off-set. Production okay otherwise. Fairly hard rubber - so should last well. Can't recommend every paying RRP for something so basic, though.
on 6 April 2013
I like these dumbells and they are well made and well priced in fact
the cheapest i could find. I do lots reps so do 50 reps each arm straight
off and give you a good workout. useful though for variety of exercises.
I couldn't fault them for price and they have very comfy grip so gave them
5 stars.
on 12 May 2014
I haven't previously been a fan of rubber dumbbells, but this set from Bodymax has converted me! They are extremely comfortable in the hand, well balanced and rock-solid. The hexagonal shape is brilliant for stacking sets of weights, and generally stopping them rolling around the floor: very useful for training at home without the racks you would find in a gym. Good price for the quality too.
on 17 August 2016
Very well made and they weigh what they are supposed to. What more is there to say?

Packaging was dire however. Two dumbells rolling around loose in the box... the package was torn to shreds by the time it got to me.