on 9 February 2018
I’m reviewing the 15KG dumbbells. I’ve brought the 10KG ones before so it was a no brainier to get the same make. You get 2x the weight you order. The metal grip is great and really secure and the weights are nicely balanced.

They were delivered through DPD and you get a 1 hour delivery slot which is great. Each dumbbell comes in its own cardboard box. The hex shape works really well and doesn’t roll away. The quality is nice and I’ve had the 10KG ones for over a year now and they are still in the same condition as when I first had them so I’m expecting the same from the 15s. Would highly recommend bodymax weights. The weights on the dumbbells are black and the handle is silver.

The questions about if you receive one or two dumbbells. You choose your weight like 15KG and you get 2 dumbbells of 15KG each.
review image
9 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2013
I have the 2x10Kg set of Bodymax Rubber Hex Dumbbells as well as these. They are a fantastic product!

I've had them a little over six months now and I have used them at least three times per week.

I store them in my garage, which is subject to the UK's variable climate.
They've withstood condensation forming on the handles (when the temperature suddenly raises from very cold). And since I often forget to clean them after a workout; corrosive sweat.

Initially, I was worried that the chrome might start to blister and I'd end up with rusty handles. But not so. They still luster.

The rubber coated ends are very durable indeed. I slam them into the floor during some of my exercises and they really absorb the punishment. And of course, they hardly make a sound if you drop them.

I love the feeling of the contoured grip too.

They're proper kit and they make a massive difference to my workouts. I like them so much I want to extend the range of my collection further.
10 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2018
Well made, solid set of dumbells, as I have come to expect from bodymax brand. Initial smell from opening soon dissipates. I have very small hands and have no problems with grip width using these. The grip pattern in middle of bar, is just right with or without gloves. Would recommend these, I have also purchased quite a few sets of these in differing weights and have found them all to be of the same quality.
One person found this helpful
on 14 March 2018
Arrived super fast👍 and absolutely loved this Dumbell.. Great weight balanced, great quality, very smart to look at and the hexagon gives a perfect stability for my workouts expecially doin Renagade press ups 🏋️‍♀️ still waiting for another one to be delivered.. I'm definitely ordering more from this seller! Thank you
on 11 May 2016
Yes these did smell a bit for a couple of days but what do you expect from a molded product. Other than that there is no reason to dislike them at all. As advertised, delived before the date stated and will last a lifetime when used correctly.

Recomended.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2016
When I received these dumbbells, the box was almost in tatters, so perhaps this seller could invest in some better transport packaging. That issue aside, these are great quality dumbbells. The rubber is smooth, and the metal handles are nicely polished and easy to grip for long periods without agitating the skin. I've had these for quite some time nice, and even with a lot of use they are still in perfect condition, and I find that the rubbery smell that you often find with this sort of equipment is not included. Easy storage in any room in the house.
on 11 August 2016
Invested in this as an alternative to going to the gym and attempting to recoup the monthly cost.

Super durable, super strong, comfortable to use. After using them for a few months, my wrists are stronger and most importantly, my form is improving thanks to it's design. If you don't get weights that compliment the recommended form for lifting, you can and will sustain injuries and aches. So don't do that.

Overall, I recommend these as a cheap way to figure out form and what you can handle, before taking on a gym. Or do both.
on 8 May 2018
Ordered the 12.5kg ones, they give you two. They were larger than I was expecting, have a nice shape and don't roll on the ground. The handles are really nice and smooth. Only down side is the smell was a bit strong initially I don't know if it's just that I've gotten used to it, but it seems to have reduced after keeping it in my garden for a few days. The packaging was also somewhat flimsy, but the dumbbells came in perfect condition so not really an issue I guess.
on 7 April 2016
I'm very pleased with these dumbbells. Yes they do smell a bit for a while as others have mentioned. I got round this by keeping them in the kitchen for a few days! The design is good; the handles are comfortable, the rubber weights are small and the shape stops them rolling around. If I buy different sizes I'll look at this make first.
One person found this helpful
on 17 December 2016
Possibly the best £31.62 I have ever spent on, as I was excited to do something I'm good at at home. I needed something to do when Christmas was coming as the gym I go to was closing for a week and a half, otherwise I would have died from boredom. I originally wanted to go for 2 x 5kg weights, but I've had lots of experience dealing with slightly heavier weights, so I went for the 7.5kg.
The handle does irritate my hands but it's nothing too bad, just wash your hands properly afterwards or wear gloves to keep it safe (I didn't rate it 5 stars for nothing).
The weight of the dumbbells are just about right, as it's not too heavy and not too light, so I can push myself to achieving my goal.
An investment that will be used for the future.