on 19 September 2013
The spins that come with this bar have no rubber inners, no big deal but just thought id point that out. As for the bar when you put roughly 80/90kg on it it has tons of flex. Benchpress at anything over 90kg is made harder due to the amount of flex it has springing back and too.

Overall id say this was a good bar for beginners, I wouldn't recommend it for squats or deadlifts, if you want to do these you're best going olympic.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2014
Left it for awhile before posting this review so could try the bar out first. It was a good buy and have not experienced any problems with it even using cast iron weights. The only thing that is slightly different appears to be the weight of the bar. I weighed mine at 8.2 kg others have different weights and it is advertised as 10 kg. Still a great buy.
One person found this helpful
on 23 June 2016
Very disappointed. After reading the reviews I thought this would be a great purchase for my partner. The item has arrived for a present and on opening it is bent. Will be seeking a refund
on 6 August 2013
Best grip ive had on a metal bar without the addition of rubber grips.. i got this for my macy bench because my old bar was too short and macy's wanted 250 quid for another bar and weights.. was ALOT cheaper for get this bar and york weights.. pleased i did
on 10 September 2013
I think it's only use would be for squats, even in that case still a 6 foot bar would be more stable, it shakes and vibrates which can make the lifting very difficult. I am uncertain if there is any good use for this size?!
on 27 April 2017
It's good
on 12 February 2015
It's ok. It has enabled me to continue to progress with the stronglifts 5x5 programme but not sure how much longer it will be fit for purpose. Bar is flexing now under heavier weights (75kg at the moment). Will have to upgrade to Olympic bar soon I think as flexing/springiness will become more dangerous as the weight continues to increase.
on 4 August 2015
Brilliant service. I needed a heavy duty bar for squatting and deadlifting and this is fantastic.
on 13 October 2013
Arrived quickly and in use by my son. It works well with weight cages as it is the right length to fit over the safety bars.
on 6 February 2014
The bar itself is fine, but neither of the two collars suppled were of a very good quality. Neither would tighten up. They just kept kicking over the thread. I had to buy a pair of York collars to replace them.