Customer reviews

Price:£5.68+ Free shipping

on 29 March 2017
I've done a post on Silicone spray. Some products I like to have and use for a while before I post. I have read more than one, "Product great - but have not used it yet" ha! How can it be great and not tried? Anyways … it takes all sorts to make this world move round.

Silicone is one of the ubiquitous substances than has found itself into every from kitchens to garages. It's the stuff that adds slip instead of grease or oil and can help keep rubber parts conditioned.

I use the spray on everything that would require the old-fashioned oil, but I don't want brown streaks or when I clean the car have people's clothing catching on old clotted oil around hinges and locks. It's superb for jobs like that. But I also use it on rubber seals around my double glazing windows, it helps add bounce back and protects them from perishing - so when you close the window, a better seal is maintained and it's quieter.

On my Motorhome, I use it on the seals for the loo, rubber parts on window frames, wires that need protection - the list goes on. It's not poisonous although I would not recommend squirting all over your ice-cream - so if kids manage to get some of their hands it's easily wipe off and no panics or oily bits dirtying clothes.

I put a little on a cloth and wipe round seals and things - and dab it with my finger on others. You need to be very careful not to over-squeeze the little tube (yep it's expensive stuff) and leaner that a little silicone goes a long way. 50g may not seem a lot - but it lasts if used sparingly as it ought to be.

On things you don't want to rust, cover with a tiny amount, seals give a light wipe, hinges use a light touch, if you want something e.g. in your engine to be protected from water - smear it on.Silicone grease, 50g

At the time of purchase, this was the cheapest stuff I could buy and for the price, had the highest rating.

Like oil, it's one of those things we all ought to have because of it's many uses.
on 29 May 2017
I though 50g would be nowhere near enough for the fittings on the scuba gear but I think this tube will last me for ever.
I'll even let some of my fellow divers have a little squeeze.
on 19 October 2011
I have been using Servisol products for many years and have great confidence in them - this item is the cheapest I could find, is as described and was well packed - the postage included in the price was second class which is fine for me because I wasn't in a hurry. I've used it to lubricate the laser guide rail on my favourite old CD player which was skipping and it now seems to be good as new - not a bad result for an investment of four pounds and twenty pence. Would shop with this seller again.
on 8 March 2017
I've put some of this over tap screws to help prevent rusting and fusing!
on 2 September 2013
I used this on my aerial sat points and then used it on my gas connectors on the bottles outside the house. Its great for stopping water leakage and rusting the joints causing gas to escape. I use a brush and squeeze it on if you get this stuff on your hands its hard to get off.
on 9 July 2017
Excellent product
on 30 August 2016
Use this every time when fitting cables to LNB on a satellite dish
on 23 May 2017
very good
on 8 February 2013
I had a tube that lasted for over 20 years of occasional use. Needed the internet to source some more when the original ran out - the main stores like Screwfix don't supply it.
on 25 January 2012
Silicone grease is wonderful stuff. I bought this when installing a satellite dish; to waterproof the bolts and LNB connections. I used about 5ml of the 50ml tube.

This stuff is really sticky and oh so slippery. You only need a tiny amount, and if you are like me you'll inevitably use too much. If you do use too much, you'll find it has a life of its own and gets everywhere - good luck trying to hold onto that slippery cable while perched on top of a long ladder trying to screw the cable to your LNB. And its almost impossible to remove, it won't wash off or wipe off which is exactly what you want to waterproof your connections, but not so good on anything you need to grip. Moral of the story is to use the smallest amount possible and avoid touching it with your hands - if you can.

Satellite dish installed - what to do with what is left?

Its great for anything that needs waterproofing and/or needs to withstand high temperatures. Use a little on that rotary clothes line and you'll be amazed - 6 months later it will still be whirring around in the lightest breeze. Use it on door hinges, battery terminals etc. Be inventive, or buy a smaller tube.