on 27 May 2017
This arrived today to replace one which had fallen off. It is not clear in the description, but this is, in fact, two magnets. One for the pedal for the cadence sensor and one for a rear wheel spoke for revolutions, or speed calculation.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2014
Does exactly what it is meant to BUT the thing to remember is that you only need this if you already lost the original magnets. And then realise that you only lost the original magnets because the design of this component is absolutely rubbish. The cable ties are a nonsense and the sticky pads do nothing. If you do buy one of these, remember to bookmark the page because you will need to come back and get another one in a few months time.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2015
As other reviewers have said, think about why you are buying a replacement cadence sensor in the first place. Garmin have poorly designed the magnet that 'affixes' with a zip lock & glue to the crank; it can and does fall off. I've bought this replacement a few months after the first fitting it; today I've lost the replacement too.
I advise simply buying a small round magnet to attach to the inside of the crank opposite where the pedal attaches; it will stay there due to magnetism (unless you've aluminium pedals then some glue would be required)
The spoke magnet I've not had any issues with and my original one is still in place after hundreds of miles of riding.
on 2 May 2016
Bought so I could put on my turbo trainer wheel to monitor cadence when on the turbo. It works absolutely fine right from the off, but for what is essentially just a small magnet and some cable-ties, this is over-priced. I only realised when a friend showed he had simply taped a small magnet to his wheel and it worked perfectly fine - otherwise I would have done the same.
Expensive for what it is but does the job.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2015
I took my Garmin Forerunner 305 from my last bike, but forgot certain key items. Who would have thought that I could replace them easily and cheaply?! Must be that lots of other people forgot these items too.
Thank-you Garmin
on 3 August 2010
Perfect!
I lost my cadence magnet and just when I thought I need to fork another £30-£40 to replace the whole thing, I stumbled here. The replacement magnet worked beautifully, and I got RPM reading again, wahey!
On another note, I needed the replacement very urgently for an Ironman race. I emailed the seller and they made sure the kit reached me on time. Couldn't rate it any higher!
6 people found this helpful
on 3 May 2017
More great service and product from Garmin.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Does the job, just doesn't help with my power output!
on 4 February 2014
I was afraid that I have to buy whole new cadence sensor. Thanks to Garmin and Amazon it was much cheaper to replace lost item.
on 30 July 2015
its a bit expensive for what it is but works perfectly.