Customer reviews

Cirque Du Soleil: Quidam [DVD] [1999]
Format: DVD|Change

on 8 September 2017
Another amazing show from the Cirque team.
on 10 April 2002
I was introduced to Quidam by a friend who had seen the show in Los Angeles. He showed me a video but nothing prepared me for the live show which I saw in Manchester last year. This video is a wonderful souvenir if you have seen the show and what a reminder of the wonder that is Quidam or if you are new to the Cirque Du Soleil experience. I have never tired of watching it over and over because there is always something new to discover. My personal favourites are the diabolos - which I might add I have tried and failed to recreate myself! - and the statues. Please buy this video - you will not be disappointed and if you have the chance to go and see it, don't miss out. It comes highly recommended. Spellbinding.
on 5 September 2001
The most enthralling video I have watched for a long time. The strength and stamina shown by the performers enhanced a unique performance and the music fully complemented the amazing feats of all the performers. One to watch again and again. Excellent.
on 10 February 2001
Having recently seen Quidam live in London I cried when the show was over. The Cirque is so unique, so moving, so indescribable that I had to get this video to remind myself of the magic until I can afford to see the show again. I'm a Cirque Groupie, and proud of it....
on 30 July 2004
Being a big circus fan (after all it is my job) I was looking forward to getting my own copy of Quidam.
Sadly, this dvd is not the same acts as the original video. This is the show as it arrived in the UK, and not the whole original cast. So some, such as the aerial act, is not nearly as inspiring (and that was the act I bought if for!)
For those who are not technically minded, it is probably wonderfully filmed with lots of extra cuts to the clowns and ground based performers, but for those who want to sit back and watch the wonderful high skill of the circus performers, it gets to be very irritating when you suddenly see the singer right in the middle of some amazing tricks.
I ended up screaming at the dvd occasionally to get back to the act.
It is still a wonderful show, and well worth watching. Definately worth the sale price at the moment.
Get it and enjoy. Fore-warned is fore-armed, expect to gain the whole ambience of the show, and dont expect to just see acts.
Enjoy it, and be inspired to get up on a trapeze...
on 29 January 2001
Quidam - A world like no other. Cirque Du Soleil creates yet another outstanding performance. From German Wheels and to Skipping Ropes, its all crazy in Quidam but the best place in the world. My favourite performers are The Statue. Two people (Man and Woman) create slow movement with a drum beat in the background (Its better when you see it). This performance is truely the best.
on 8 April 2009
Quidam follows the tradition of great and innovative productions from the Cirque where the skill and ability of the performers never ceases to amaze. Watching this before Fire Within fills in some blanks which make the series of documentaries of the training more enjoyable.
on 6 January 2012
I first saw Cirque du Soleil when they appeared at a Royal Variety Performance in honour of Queen Elizabeth IInd at the London Palladium a good many years ago now when they had not long formed and they were excellent that night.Quidam is undoubtedly one of their best shows ever and the only WEAK point in it for me is the brief appearance by the clowns whose act I didn't find in the least bit amusing. That said the remainder of the show was excellent and went from strength to strength. The young girl Zoe was charming and had a beautiful voice also. The make-up was stunning as were the costumes.The choreography was fantastic and must have been a nightmare to put together but all came together marvellously and the music was haunting yet so appropriate. All in all a superb show and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 10 October 2009
I went to see this live in manchester and was so impressed i finally bought the dvd, i have been informed that they have stopped making this dvd so if you want a new one you had better get it now, oh yes and it is really superb
on 12 November 2000
Enter the world of Quidam. A magical place where nothing is as it seems, yet all of it is... I am you and you are me. What do we really know about each other? We all live in a world of our own. Join Zoë as she meets and greets all kinds of wonderful characters. Drawn away from her own boring little world by the headless Quidam, she encounters Fritz and John who take her by the hand and show her around the place. The dazzling German Wheel, magical Diabolos, 'moving' Aerial Contortion and the joyful sadness of the clowns are just to name a few of the wonders. Amazed by these spellbinding performances and acts that defy gravity, she wanders around, only to realize that this is not her world. She has to say goodbye to a world she doesn't belong, but is very fortunate to have taken a glimpse in the life of a stranger. This video really captures the magic of Cirque du Soleil and of this show. It draws you in and doesn't let go untill the show is over. See for yourself!