Customer reviews

on 9 January 2009
This product is a mild abrasive suspension, which with rubbing removes and polishes the top layer. So, with some rubbing and polishing you can remove light scratch marks and leave a nice shiny screen. As far as I can see it doesn't fill in scratches and so to remove deep scratches you would have to rub away the whole screen to the depth of the scratch which may not be practical. However, with a bit of rubbing you can round off the sharp edges of the scratch to make it a bit less noticeable. This product does what it claims to do but is maybe not a practical solution for renovating heavily abused screens. Displex Display Polish Scratch Remover
on 25 January 2011
Bought this product to remove the tiny surface scratches on the (badly designed) plastic camera lens cover of my HTC Desire. The scratches were making my photos cloudy and a number of forums pointed me to this product. A few drops of displex and a couple of minutes buffing and the lens cover is crystal clear. I love it when things actually work!
on 1 June 2011
I purchased this for the screen on my Blackberry 9300, as it had several annoying little scratches that I wanted to get rid of. Judging by the reviews and other online trial videos (which I watched over and over again in amazement), I thought I'd give it a try. Wow, what a complete waste of effort, time and money. I tried applying it to the screen, first in small doses and then more liberally. Polishing the screen with a soft cloth for 10 minutes, and reapplying the displex several times throughout, gave me nothing but a numb set of fingers. Unless the requirement here is to push so hard that you put a hole through your phone, this product was a huge let down. If excessive force is actually required (which I'm not willing to use considering it will likely destroy the screen of my phone), nowhere on the packaging do they hint that this might be a year-long battle. Save yourself the time, money, and feeling in your fingers.
on 8 February 2010
I bought this and didn't expect great things from the reviews, but I have to say if you follow the manufacturers directions this should be able restore your screen.

I bought a second hand phone off ebay with a very badly scratched screen, after 3 applications of this the scratches have totally gone. An excellent product.
on 16 October 2010
I like the product very much. Is is better than the one that they sell at the apple store and cheap, very cheap!
on 3 February 2011
Having been stupid enough to put my Sat nav in my pocket without first placing it in it's cover I managed to pick up some fine but anoying scratches on the screen from keys and other metalic objects. having looked at some mixed reviews about this product, I decided to try it anyway as it was very inexpensive.

It arrived by post about 20 mins ago abd all i can say is that my Sat Nav screen now looks as good as new.

Ye the scratching was very fine but from the first application I could see that it was going to work. It took three or four application and some fairly firm rubbing with a soft cotton cloth but it certainly worked as described.

I would Highly recommend it
on 28 August 2011
Unfortunately Displex has not lived up to my expectations-although cheap enough and worth a try it did not shift the very small scratches (which it suggests it will) from my iPhone. Certainly not a case of 'does what it says on the tin', then again-it is in a tube!
on 18 July 2011
Looks a bit like brylcream too, but I didn't use it to keep what little hair I have left in place. Instead, I put drop of the polish on the lens of my HTC Wildfire phone camera, and rubbed for a minute or less, and the result was that all my pictures no longer look like they are taken with a soft-focus filter at dusk.
on 11 May 2011
Displex Display Polish - Scratch Remover

No instructions but a cheap price. I put a small amount on screen, spread over area and left to dry. Had to polish several times but the scuffs and scratches have virtually disappeared from SE X10i.

It's certainly worth trying !!
on 28 April 2011
It has totally removed small scuffs on a casio watch. Instructions were in German, but all you have to do it put a spot on the plastic, rub hard with a microfibre cloth for 2 mins, and repeat a couple of times. I believe it only works on plastic, not glass.