My old Wii, like many others, has been languishing in the loft for a couple of years. I decided to dig it out and see whether any of the more recent releases had improved.

BUT before I could get it fired up and playing, I encountered a problem: my new space-age TV doesn't talk to old outmoded electrical equipment; it has a scart lead. Two, actually. It has HDMI. It has a nice socket through which it can communicte to intelligent, modern devices via the internet. It even has a USB socket. But it doen't have composite RCA-style ports, which are what my Wii has at the end of it's A/V out leads.

The only solution seemed to be to buy one of Nintendo's expensive propreitory scart leads, which I hate doing; proprietory cables and sockets should be illegal in my book!!! Luckily for me, this little bit of plastic popped up on Amazon just at the right time. It does everything I wanted, and I now have Wii on my TV.

My one has an 'in/out' switch on it, which should be set to 'in'.

And no, the games haven't got better!
on 31 December 2014
Please note very carefully that this adaptor only works for passing a signal INTO the item you are interested in. It CANNOT be used to transmit a signal out to something else. To be fair the description clearly states this, i.e. “(Audio Video IN)” - unfortunately I didn’t realise until too late exactly what that meant. I was able to use one of the adaptors from the pair I bought to feed a signal into our bedroom TV, and that seems to work perfectly well, but I have now had to order a switchable adaptor so that I can transmit a signal out of my Sky+ box.
on 26 May 2010
I ordered this item and it got promptly delivered. I know the price was cheap and I hoped to be able to use it for at least a couple of months before it broke, however the state of this item is unacceptable. The Metal bit which is supposed to fit into my TV slides inside the plastic case when low pressure is applied, thus it is impossible to fit it into the scart socket. A bit of glue can solve this problem however this should not happen. To be fair I would not even have mind it, if the provider would have glued it on him/her self, as long as it works. I have not tried to return this item as it is not worth the effort to get 2 pounds back.

In conclusion

I might just have been unlucky, and the price is unbeatable. If you like to take a little risk and like thrills in life go ahead and order it, if not just go to your local store and buy one there.
on 21 October 2015
i ordered this scart adapter expecting a generic item made with okay to poor quality materials which given the low price i was ok with since i ordered it for a temporary solution but when i opened my package and discovered an official xbox 360 scart adapter i was pleasantly surprised. i highly recommend this product
on 21 July 2016
I lost the one that originally came with my PS3,so had to buy a replacement in order to trade it in 'complete' for a PS4. Bought this, it arrived quickly and passed the tradein test with flying colours.
on 30 January 2016
What can you say about a scart adopter? Bought it to resolve a connection problem with our Wii Console, which it did. The cost of this adopter is neglible and it came with free postage. All boxes ticked!
on 6 August 2016
Bought this to connect an Android box to an older style CRT television. Unfortunately the thing never worked and being how cheap it was, I never bothered with the hassle of returning it. I ended up using the adaptor that came with the nintendo wii as the kids had gotten bored of it.
on 31 December 2009
Great item, I used one of these to connect my Playstation 2 to the Scart socket after I lost the original adapter.
It works great, as advertised - no problems at all. *****
on 15 March 2015
Just a word of warning & not a fault of this product but if you're planning on using this so you can use a Now TV box on an old telly the Now TV A/V signal is NTSC whereas British televisions expect a PAL signal & don't all have a built in converter.
on 2 January 2014
I needed one of these to plug into the back of my old tv and amazon was the only place that I could find that sells these. Ver, very good price for an item that is just as good as ones that cost £10. The build quality of it isn't amazing but it works and for the price you pay you can't ask for much more really.