Customer reviews

1,461
Size: 67 mm|Change

on 19 April 2017
Very good filter.
I must admit that buying a filter is not by any means an easy feat. The range on websites such as Hoya are not by any means easily distinguishable.

Would be nice if manufacturers use a table to identify the key differences between each of the types.

Anyway, back to this Pro-1 Digital UV filter, it's very good.

I read some of the reviewers complaining about smears etc. on the filter. If you handle with care you'd be ok.

To make sure it's cleaned properly I've found its best to use a soft lint-free cleaning cloth. Microfibre cloth MAY be too harsh.

The filter screws onto Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens very easily. Unscrewing it is also very easy. Keep the protective case to hand and always put it in there if the filter were to be removed.

The Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter is very good because it has:

Digital multi-coated filters to greatly reduce the appearance of lens flare and ghosting caused by reflections.

black matte aluminum satin finish almite frame which is designed to reduce reflections.

I quite like the black rimmed glass which is designed to reduce the chance of light reflecting off the edge.

The Ultra thin filter frames help to avoid vignetting (especially for super wide angle lenses - not an image sue with Primes), the thin frame is also designed to hold a lens cap easily.

In summary, the look and feel, the functionality, the ease of use, and the quality of the glass are all good.
on 15 September 2017
I've always used a UV filter on interchangeable lens cameras and having just gone back to using one after years of using a compact thought I would get a good branded one. It if fine and doesn't seem to effect the quality of pictures at all, as an extra bit of protection from scratches to the lens think it is probably worth it but to be honest think a generic brand would be just as good and probably cheaper.
on 3 February 2017
Not much to say about this. I have a number of the Pro-1 filters and they just work. No noticeable degradation of the image and gives first line protection to several hundred pounds worth of Canon L-series glass. Recommended.
on 18 April 2015
Coating is soft and difficult to clean. I tried to breath on the filter and used microfiber cloth/ lens cleaning tissue to wipe, but it left a film of smudge on the glass. Had to using a Ziess lens/glasses wipe to clear it up. It also left a few very fine scratches on the coating. Never had this problem on my old Nikon filters.
Going to try the HD version now....
on 27 July 2017
I always use Hoya filters. When you've spent anywhere up to £1000s on a lens I prefer to protect the front element. But I don't want to put poor glass in there either.
Realised I'd missed putting one on my macro lens. So ordered this one. Quick delivery and does just what I want it to.
on 20 August 2017
HOYA is a brand name for camera/camcorder lens filters that has been around for DECADES and associated with highest quality manufacture!
You cannot go wrong with Hoya Filters- so good that Professionals use them! Buy with confidence and improve your photographics, whilst also protecting your own valuable mains lens from dust dirt scratches.
on 4 August 2017
Having bought a new lens I needed a new size UV filter. I have had many filters over the years both cheap and expensive and this was a relatively expensive filter. I have had it on my camera for a short period of time but it has inexplicably shattered. There is no reason for this to happen and I look after my equipment well. Maybe a freak incident and a one off occurrence but it has cost me £30. I wont be buying this particular filter again just in case...
on 17 May 2017
I fitted this filter to the 12-32mm lens on my Panasonic GX80 to protect the lens. I can see no difference to the quality of the images and am pleased with the results. I am happy to recommend this filter.
on 9 August 2017
As with every other Hoya filter I've bought, this is excellent quality, comes well packaged and simply does exactly what it's supposed to do, to an excellent standard. I haven't tried other brands for screw in filters, simply because Hoya has been unfaultable, so I cannot offer a comparison, but I'm confident this will satisfy all.
on 11 March 2017
A Fabulous quality filter as well as cheaper way of protecting you expensive lens