on 7 November 2017
Excellent music. Highly recommended if you like to hear women with great voices singing a variety of ballads. Very good harmonies. The Celtic Woman DVDs can be used on any system including UK systems.
VINE VOICEon 21 June 2009
Nearly all of the songs on this album are quite stunning. All of the singers produce pure, angelic sounds, whether as soloists or harmonizing with each other. The orchestrations are equally good. And there is a good balance of lively, uptempo songs and more contemplative ones. I hadn't heard of Celtic Woman before they were recommended to me on Amazon, and I bought this album on the strength of other reviews. This doesn't always work for me, but after listening to 'A New Journey' twice I knew that the other reviewers were spot on. My only minor gripe is that the word 'Celtic' in the title is misleading. In this context 'Celtic' is a marketing term and nothing to do with the ethnic origins of the music. How else can we explain the presence of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' and songs by Handel and Trenet, and the absence of anything Welsh or Breton? Oh well, maybe I'm just a grumpy old Welshman... Still, buy this album; it will have a very wide appeal.
5 people found this helpful
on 31 May 2016
Lots of instruments but not much instrumentation if you know what I mean. The arrangements of the songs have easy predicable chord changes. Although coming from a different genre, even Status Quo would be proud.
The performances are good but the arrangements are basic. Felt a little let down when listening to this.
They must have been playing from the "Easy book of Celtic Music".
on 7 October 2009
My son was browsing the net and was watching some "You Tube" Videos. He disapeared for a little while and I started browsing myself. Until "You Tube" I had never heard of "Celtic Woman". I listened to what they had on "You Tube" and was completely blown away, not only by their beautiful voices, but how beautiful the "Celtic Woman" were themselves. That was it, I was hooked. Their voices are so pure and crisp that I just had to have the album. The whole musical arrangement is a joy to listen too. Not only with music, but quite often without music. The sound of their voices alone is a joy. If ever you feel "Stressed" put on "Celtic Woman" and you will soon feel "De-stressed". Will definately be buying more albums by them.
6 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2013
As I first heard this Music I was so impresst how they preformt it, something in theye voices just keept turning all day long.in my head and as I saw them the second time and fining out what I liked about this I started getting more interessted in their Prefomence it was like the Galeons woman in the front of a ship, and they sang so relaxing what made me just listening again and again.
I do enjoy telling my frends about them and they alwas says after: Youe are lost, but we do understand you as we was getting imvolved in this as well.
on 13 May 2018
Great dvd, - what a treat!! My wife and I both really enjoyed the concert. You won't be disappointed if you buy this.
on 25 October 2013
Celtic Woman are a superb group of singers + Mairead Nesbit, who is wonderful on fiddle. The only similar products I have are all Celtic Woman concert DVDs + a DVD compilation from their first three concerts. David Downes, who put the group together also composes much of their music and rearranges older classic Irish songs and modern songs for their voices is an excellent musician. Having 6 DVDs now, I play one each evening. If you like Irish music, you will almost certainly like this.
on 5 May 2010
I wanted to hear some medolic music as I love Enya's music, Vangelis, Yianni etc, and when I read the reviews of this album I was very impressed. I ordered the CD from Amazon and was not disappointed as I have played quite a few times since purchasing it. Some of the tracks I have played more than others but overall it is a melodic and serene album. An album you can just sit and relax to. The singers on this album are all great and the words are so clear. A good buy!
One person found this helpful
on 19 July 2015
Celtic Woman are the most beautiful women with the most wonderful, harmonic and delightful voices I have heard in such a long time. Much better than any of the latest singers or girl bands of this or any other era. They are a delight to listen to and watch. I recommend that anyone hearing them will be as delighted as I have been and I still have more to watch and listen to.
One person found this helpful
on 24 April 2018
Marvelous listening and watching love it