Customer reviews

on 23 November 2010
If you want to print disc labels and covers for cds or dvds this is easy to use with lots of options.
Easy to insert text or tracks or just print your downloaded covers. Drop down panel allows yout choose your brand of labels.
I use Infiniti DVD & CD labels which are compatible with Pressit. Just choose Pressit CD/DVD [A4] for discs and print with no messing about with alignment. Same with DVD covers choose either Maxell or Memorex A4. I also use Acoustica MP3 cd burner which is also very good. Have these people giving poor reviews got a hidden agenda against Acoustica or more probably too thick to use the program?
on 16 August 2010
I don't know what's going on with the ultra negative reviews here. I've found this software easy to use and does just about everything you need for printing on to CD's. Plus it has a major advantage over the Epson CD Print programme I've used up to now: you can copy and paste in text from Word - even text from a table without the usual problems. Saves a lot of time.

Also I was expecting a nightmare when it came to getting the software to work / align with my printer, but it did it without a murmur. And the list of compatible printers is impressively comprehensive / up to date.

OK, the set-piece art tends towards brash, but as you can import any picture you want from your own files, this hardly matters.

Product support is also excellent. I emailed questions and got intelligent answers back within a couple of hours.

Only disadvantages so far: I can't find a way to zoom/magnify the view, nor a way to tint photos. Maybe I need to read the manual - along, perhaps, with a couple of the other reviewers here?
on 26 March 2010
I am glad I was not dissuaded by the adverse responses of both preceding reviews. Acoustica does everything disc labelling demands: photographs easily introduced as background; text size, colour and position simply chosen. I am delighted with the program because it is successful with direct-disc printing on the 'Best Buy' HP C309A whereas five other programs had failed despite the involvement of HP (note that version 3.32 necessary)
I am familiar with the rather brash designs favoured by most programs directed at the American market but there are many more here that, in my view, are useable. So far it appears to me that the Acoustica program is more versatile than the three other labelling programs that I have previously regularly used and I have yet to explore it fully.
on 3 December 2013
I recently purchased a Canon MG 6350 printer after my old Epsom packed up. Whilst the new printer was ok using label sheets(Avery) with my old Nero 6 software, it failed to print correctly, direct to dvd's. The Canon help desk suggested that the printer might not be compatible with the software and advised me to use their own, which was supplied on the installation cd rom. However, I found this somewhat cumbersome in operation and not so versatile, compared with the Nero and therefore looked around for suitable alternatives.

After much searching, I downloaded the trial version of Acoustica CD label maker and have found it perfect for printing direct to disk and is far more user friendly than other software packages I have tried. It is compatible with many printers (drop down menu). Text boxes are easily created in any colour with plenty of text options available. It includes some artwork and free packages are available once the software has been registered. Unfortunately very few depict music themes which is a shame considering that many users would want to label music disks. However, as it is easy to load image files,this may not be a problem for many.

I will now purchase the software direct online as it seems currently unavailable on the UK Amazon site and can confidently recommend this product.

Incidently, whilst printable blank dvd's and data cd's are readily available, I cannot find any printable blank audio music cd's (playable on ordinary cd/dvd players). Does anyone know of a company that makes reliable cd's in this format? If so, perhaps they would let me know.

Finally, a word of warning to those who use cd/dvd labels. Having used proprietary brands for many years, I have found a large number of disks are now unplayable. They begin alright but about midway, start mistracking and eventually stop altogether. After much research, I have found that the problem is not associated with disk or label brands but is due to a distortion of the disks caused by the labels having fully dried out due to the heat of the players. They become very slightly concave and thus the lasers cannot read the digital information correctly.

I am therefore currently engaged in the time consuming process of removing the labels from the offending disks. The best way which I have found by trial and error, is to lay the disks face down on top of a dish of water for three hours. Then carefully peel off as much of the label as possible ( it is much easier on printable disks)and then gently rub the remains off with isopropanol using cotton wool cosmetic pads . Must chemists won't supply it over the counter, but it is cheaply available on Amazon. Rub too hard, then the top surface of the disk will be removed and will most certainly be unplayable! I have about a 90% success rate. Finish by rinsing in cold water and pat dry with kitchen towel. Hope this helps any readers with the same problem.
on 6 July 2012
My recent purchase of a Canon MG8520 turned into a bit of a nightmare when I tried to a)find the bundled disc design software and b) how to print a full face disc. Canon Customer Team did finish up sending me detailed instructions on where the software was hidden (see my review of the Canon MG8250). All I can say is that it wasn't worth the effort. My search for an alternative disc face designer that would run on Win7(64bit) was difficult. I did a lot of research and free trials on different packages and CD/DVD Label Maker was way ahead of other offerings. The negative views expressed by some may relate to older versions of the software. This consumer package with disc and manual may not contain the latest version, but don't be concerned because you are really buying a registration code with this package. If it will not run on Win7 just go to Acoustica.com and download the latest version (currently 3.33)which is definitely Win7 compatible, and use your registration code to validate the installation. As another reviewer mentioned, these are really good guys to deal with, they are quick and helpful if you experience difficulties.

Their design philosophy is to design usable intuitive software. They have certainly done so with this package. It is packed with many graphical and text manipulation features that will astound you for such a low price. There are literally thousands of FREE designs and patterns to download when you have registered. Not to my taste, I'd rather create my own unique designs. However, I would urge you to visit the website to download the latest template list as soon as you have installed your program. This package caters for paper disc labels. jewel case inserts, booklets and back covers as well as direct disc face printing. The latest template list covers hundreds of printers(old and new), disc and label types. With previous packages I've used, I created my designs in Illustrator or Photoshop before importing them as backgrounds into lowly featured disc printing programs. Although not a professional photo editing package, CD/DVD Label Maker has sufficient inbuilt power to do the whole creative and printing job in one program. Words will never describe the smooth easy power of this program so I'm going to try and post a video review (demonstration) of some of it's features ...........just found out cannot post written AND video reviews on same item at Amazon. However, you can hunt for Acoustica CD Label Maker 333 on a popular video website that I'm not allowed to mention here! The quality could be better but it's new screen grab software and I haven't yet sussed the best resolution to capture at. My apologies.
on 8 April 2008
This is the worst piece of software I have ever paid hard-earned cash for in my life - and I've been using (and reviewing) products since 1982!
Whoever put this package together should be immediately consigned to a strait-jacket and a high-risk penitentiary on another planet, preferably another galaxy.
All I wanted was a simple way of printing out the contents of disk. It seems this is just beyond the scope of this miserable attempt at a program.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2008
I ordered this item as gift for a friend, and not only does the item look completely different to the pictured item, but the software is boring and the graphics are tacky, really dissappointed!!
on 18 November 2013
A very useful program, and makes the look of home recordings so much better. The fact that it can use so many different brands of label is a plus.