on 15 April 2017
It does what it says on the box. Top tip: These will last for months if the head is brushed/rinsed when needed and then use the solution to clean when charging. Between uses remove from the charger and replace the cap so the fluid doesn't evaporate.
13 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2017
I just spent 20 mins looking for my review only to realise I had not written one yet!.

I bought these on the 27th December 2016. I am still yet to use them! I clean my shaver every 3-4 days. I am STILL on the one that came in the box!. These units seem to last a fair while and I have no sign as of yet of the one I am using drying up, I even cleaned my shaver every day for about a week to test it. Worked every time. I will never wet shave again while Braun make these systems. I am THAT impressed overall.

Like others have said, if you only the cleaner use twice a week 3 packs could easily last 9 months, As I type this I am still showing the full light on the one that came in it - and it's nearly 3 months now!
3 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2018
These are an essential part of the Braun cleaning system.. And I have been using them for the past couple of years.

When the razor has gone through the cleaning cycle it smells fresh and clean and I know that it has been disinfected and the blades have been lubricated.
This cleaner does a great job and although it is an added expense, personally for me it is worth is to have a nice clean & fresh razor every few days, with the added bonus of the solution lubricating the blades, so potentially it will make them last longer.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2017
Excellent cleaner. I Expected to last a month but still going strong on the initial one since Dec 26 - Now 28 Feb. I clean my razor every 3 days and it always comes out sparkly, but efficient and smelling nice. This pack may well last more months at the current level of use.

Update: lasted until end of May - still pleased with everything.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 October 2017
These do a great job cleaning the razor but, TBH, they are a bit expensive - almost certainly because there is no workable alternative - and I wish Braun would develop something a bit greener.

There are unofficial "refill" packs out there, and that would be a great solution as (apart from anything else) it would be much more environmentally friendly, but - frankly - the box is full of hair clippings, and there is no way to filter these out, so just refilling it sounds a bit unhealthy.

I kind of eke these out but only recharging and cleaning once a week or so.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 September 2017
For what it does - it's quite good - for the price - it's outrageous. Don't know if it's Braun or Amazon, but I'm appalled. Bought razor in Feb 2017. Bought first pack of these in April for £9.74 , Prime. Looked at getting more a couple ofweeks ago and was nearly £13. Today it's nearly £16 Prime! (and some other places) over 50% increase in 5 months. So is it Braun, or Amazon, or tracking views? Maybe Merckel's revenge? Either way, looks like I'll be cleaning under tap and using generic oil. Wasted money getting the cleaning gadget version (£60 more) I thought replacement foils were a rip-off at £30-45 (now more?)every 18 months, but at the rate of using the cleaner only once a week, that'd be another £30-35 odd at least for every 18 months.
Who said Braun must be laughung all the way to the bank?
on 9 June 2014
I've been using these for a couple of years now and they seem to be doing a good job of keeping my shaver clean and debris free without the hassle of having to remove the shaver head and brushing it out manually from time to time. It's also nice to have the fresh lemon scent every time I shave.

I only need to shave every other day so each cartridge lasts me two months (30 cycles as claimed by the manufacturer) and each 3 pack therefore lasts me six months; at around £25 for two packs a year I don't think it is too much to pay for the convenience and the clean, fresh feel of this system - if I had to buy four packs a year I might feel differently.

Finally, I don't know whether other users have experienced this problem but from time to time when I take the shaver from its holder and start to use it the shaver head is still wet and it drags on the skin a little which I find uncomfortable. I have no idea why this happens as I have done nothing differently; fortunately, it's a fairly rare occurrence.
One person found this helpful
on 24 January 2017
It turned out I bought this product in error. I had a new braun 3040s shaver and thought this item was a complete system to clean it. But you need a clean and charge station as well. This wasnt made clear even by going to the braun site and in fact they don't make a clean and charge station for this particular model. So I had to return the cartridges and get a refund.Incidentally if you look on the internet there is an alternative to making up the fluid cheaply for refills once you've got the cartridges.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 June 2013
I have been using this shaver cleaners for years.It not only cleans the shaver but gets rid the smells and shavers debris, leaving pleasant smell. Recommended for use once a week cleaning.
15 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2016
great cleaner, the one recommended for the razor and it works really well. This is the best price I have found for the product - not that many high street stores stock this anyway.

Just bought this again, I've been buying this for my husband for years and it's great. we considered buying the non branded alternatives or even the bottle of fluid that you can use to refill the cartridges, but he finds this does a great job and it lasts well - three cartridges last around 12 months. So in view of the fact that the braun series 7 razor he has was so expensive, it's well worth paying for these cleaning cartridges.