on 1 May 2017
This is probably the most useful size of Really Useful box. I find with the 84 L versions you have to dig to much to find things. 64 L is good for a large amount of junk, but these 9 L are perfect for a few bits you need to keep out of reach of a baby e.g. HDMI cables, remotes, headphones, stationary, etc.

With regard to quality, these stack really well and are more sturdy than most other plastic boxes. They do not stack inside each other (of the same size) as the sides are vertical. Also, you can get little pegs to seal them, but I haven't tried to see if this makes them childproof.
on 20 March 2015
I don't know how I coped before I started buying the Really Useful line of storage containers.
From mini-sized for hobbies, (and little other little bits) to underbed storage - at last I have an idea where most of my things are. I couldn't maintain a household without them!
Most customers who provide a review only have really good things to say about the difference these wonderful containers make to easing up one of the most serious household issues we all have, and that is practical storage for our everyday and not-so-everyday items.
I highly recommend these containers. They will surely help you organise your life - they even include wonderful little sheets in each container, listing the sizes available to help you plan your requirements.
I have only one desire regarding these containers - it would be so great if there was an area on the outside of each container - top of the lid, each end, and each side - that would hold a label insert/frame/slot large enough for really easy contents identification. I don't like using sticky labels as they would leave sticky residue on the container that would accumulate dirt! . That would mean a design change I know, but it would sure be really, really handy!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2014
Strong, robust, transparent plastic boxs which when filled with up to 5 really useful hobby trays and either the 9 litre or 9 litre xl lids make superb gaming miniature storage containers for a fraction of the price of other storage solutions. From the RUB web site you can get extra accessories: hobby trays and xl lids for around £ 2.50 each, the boxes will hold up to 5 trays each of which have 15 compartments for a total of 75 compartments. I collect the Dungeons & Dragons sets, the early sets had 72 figures and the later ones had 60, the last few sets only had 40! However, the compartments are suitable for quite a few 28mm figures each but trouble occurs when you have large monster sculptures such as dragons, giants and demons. The trays do not lay flat. Solution? Use an xl lid - I found the 19 litre lid fits the 9 litre box which allows you to either add an extra tray layer or leave it for space for the bigger figures to stand up. If you buy a 9 litre box and 4 hobby trays and an xl lid you get a box to store a complete set of D&D figures for around £17 to £20! Stick a label on each end and a checklist for the set on top and you have the perfect storage solution for your gaming miniatures, you'll save around £20 at least (foam will be extra). I also print out numbers to line each compartment so you can keep tabs on what miniature goes where. One last thing if you turn the fifth tray upside down you can have tall miniatures and smaller figures on the fourth tray and they won't get mixed up whilst being transported as the upside tray forms an enclosed box whilst inside the box and lid. Sorted!
on 23 April 2014
Hooray! I now have several of these boxes and my crafty stuff is finally tidied up. A miracle for me as I am a very untidy person! I have tried other boxes but, whilst they look good they are usually shaped wider at the top than the bottom and take up much more space. They only thing I do find with these boxes is that they don't lock very efficiently. The handles drop at the slightest touch, but just remember that and it no longer becomes a problem.
on 7 July 2013
These are first rate storage; strong, well made and available in a diverse range of sizes for different uses. I have purchased them in a number of sizes to date, and just ordered some more:

0.3 and 0.7L - small boxes which are ideal for in draw storage, or use in multiples for DIY storage (screws, washers etc).

1.7L - a new size (as at June 13), which is great for larger in draw storage, first aid kits, small sewing kits etc.

3L - designed for CDs in their cases. I bought these to store discs in paper wrappers which are unfortunately not a great fit, but CDs in cases fit perfectly in one direction, and DVDs in cases fit perfectly the other way.

9L - These are ideal for pairs of mens shoes (which are stored upright but toe to heel), for A4 size magazines, papers or just some of life's 'bits 'n bobs' such as numerous chargers, spare AV cables etc etc. I think these are the most practical multi purpose size I have purchased.

35L - great for book storage and 18 typical hardbook books fit in one box which makes for moderately heavy, but still manageable, storage. As at April 2014 Ryman are offering a 2 for £20 on their own site.

64L - These are ideal for clothes storage; anything much heavier would probably be unmanageable if you filled the box. I did purchase these from the High Street though as there is currently a 2 for £20 offer at Staples.

It is worth noting that some sizes come in 'standard' and 'extra strong' which are a couple of pounds more expensive each and are only available in white rather than clear. The standard ones seem plenty strong enough, but it might be worth considering the extra strong if you wanted to carry tools around in a work van for example.

As mentioned above, it can be worth checking prices between suppliers on these, and some are often better than others or specialise, for example Ryman are great for the very small sizes.
on 19 June 2016
I bought 2 of these 1 to use as a first aid box, you can get plenty first aid products in there and the snap tight lid keeps every thing clean and dust free. I have used the other one for some of my craft stuff they are what it says on the box really useful and would be happy to purchase more of these in different sizes for storing more of my items.
on 15 February 2016
I was looking for some stackable storage boxes when I discovered the Really Useful range and I think the build quality is fantastic, much more reliable and sturdy than any of the local homeware stores' own brands. They come in all sizes and the dimensions are accurate. The boxes also stack evenly because the hexagon shape reinforcement at the bottom keeps the boxes from dipping in. The handles are simple to open and close but it's very easy and painful to trap one of your fingers in one. I would definitely recommend this!
on 6 January 2017
Really Useful Boxes are the royalty of storage containers. They're robust, light-weight (when empty), stackable, the lids click and stay in place, durable, see through - what's not to love about them. I use three of 9 Litre Paper and Magazine Storage to store papers, drawings and documents. They can handle A4 size pages with no issues. Superb for the house or office.
on 1 October 2016
Strong and perfect for storing A4 paper, models and camera lenses. This item is just the bare box and lid, but you can also buy a few different types of insert tray to expand the possible storage options.

The lids on these boxes are the exact same size as those used on the 4L, 14L, 19L and 25L boxes, which means any of these boxes will stack perfectly with each other.
on 16 September 2017
This is a very good storage box, but don't leave it on a windowsill in bright sunlight. After a few years it will become brittle and break into pieces.

With that proviso, it will have a long and useful life. The combined handle and securing clip is particularly effective.