Customer reviews

77mm HOYA PRO1 Digital Filter Circular Polarizer PL DMC Filter
Size: 77 mm|Change

on 5 January 2015
Simply fantastic - I bought this for my 10-24m Nikon lens and it's a massive help. Colours are always perfect and the build quality is much better than others that I've used in the past - though to be fair I did aim for cheaper filters for my other lenses (that stops now!).

I know the norm is to point away from the skies with a filter like this - but personally I love the deep blues and slight vignetting (which is avoidable).
on 13 September 2014
Excellent quality Hoya polarizing filter.
Got this for my Sigma 18-250mm lens for my Nikon D5200.
I had a cheaper polarizing filter for my stock Nikkor lens and decided to get a more expensive Hoya filter for my new lens.
I must say I am not disappointed. Great quality filter that produces great results for reducing reflections or boosting the blue sky.
Well worth spending the extra for the extra quality!
on 11 November 2012
Bought this polarising filter to accompany the purchase of my new Olympus Zoom lens. Have used it extensively in Malaysia. And it has never disappointed me. Worth the extra money compared to a 'basic' polarising filter. Shop around for a good price however. One particular high street store was certainly very expensive. Amazon provided the best price. Purchase and delivery from a third party supplier was efficient and smooth.
on 23 July 2010
A great piece of kit
Every one interested in photography should have this filter if it is the only one you buy.
HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 22 July 2009
I purchased this for my holiday in Kenya and it worked well. The bright sun was reduced the colours enhanced in the landscape photos i took. It's a great piece of kit.
on 3 July 2012
Very low profile for a polarising filter - actually smaller than the UV filter I keep on most of the time. Seems to let more light through than the 58mm Hoya polariser (not Pro-1) that I use on my other lenses. Produces some brilliant skies & takes the glare off water. If you've never used a polarising filter before for landscapes, you need to - gives them the added "wow" factor. Delivery on time & in good condition.
on 31 August 2015
This filter was purchased for use with my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle and was pleased to find that the filter caused no vignetting even when used at the 10mm end. The filter seems well made and looks like it will last. If I was being very very picky they need to redesign the cases the filter comes in as its a bit of a faff to get it out but that could just be me. Happy buyer and I would recommend this filter to others.
on 20 September 2013
Does what it says on the tin! Good quality for my level of photography,and I would recommend it for anyone.
on 12 September 2014
A great buy. Used it today for the first time and it worked perfectly! Just what I wanted. Got some great photos in a difficult light. I'm not a big user of computers to make photos look better, I like to try and capture the best picture I can at the time and this filter was perfect, a great addition to my camera gear. Screws on easily, fits well, moves smoothly when rotated and gives great results!
on 26 November 2012
I'm a big fan of the Hoya Pro-1 range. Like others in the series, this filter threads very easily to the front of the lens and this is a real boon for landscape and wildlife photography where the elements can be testing. As a filter it does what it is supposed to and, as far as I can tell, without a colour cast. Fits both my 100-400 and 24-105mm lenses so I only need the one filter size.