on 28 September 2016
I'm wearing vans since ever number 20 uk and this pair is moderately large as well they delivered broken. The sole is not glued and they look very poor quality. I have big doubt if they are original. Very disappointed.
8 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2017
They came up a tiny bit bigger than my other Vans which I bought from a high street store but wearable. Overall they are OK. They are not as well made/ high quality as some other Vans I own. They are more like a budget version or a cheap Converse trainer.
They feel very flat. There is no good inner sole inside which other Vans I have bought have, so as a result there is not really any arch support, like other designs seem to have. They are not going to be great for long walks. I think they would be bad for your feet to wear loads. But they look OK.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 May 2018
Great shoes that look even better with age. Go true to size. The quality of the materials is good - the rubber soles don't wear easily and the shoes are holding up well after a good year of use. They can be a little difficult to lace up sometimes, but this isn't too much of an issue after you've got them laced up once.

They are fairly comfy, but not the comfiest shoes in existence. Comfortable enough to walk around in all day, but they don't feel like you're walking on clouds or anything.

They're great value and definitely worth having a pair of. If the hi tops aren't your thing the low top version of these is great too - I feel they're as good as or possibly even better than the converse equivalent.
on 6 January 2016
Vans are probably my favourite brand of shoes as they are stylish and comfy - which is hard to find in today's world! I did not have to 'break' them in like you usually have to do with shoes. They fit perfectly which is expected as I am a constant buyer of vans and I've never had sizing issues. I love the sole design as it gives somewhat grip. However, I would recommend to not wash these shoes as this will interrupt the adhesive that binds the inner sole to the actual shoe and find that when I do go out in these shoes now that my socks are full of the inner soul in pieces. Also I find Vans as a whole are known to me for the outer sole to become so thin that an actual hole will form through the shoe causing wetness to get in - this has only happened on the left shoe of mine, but this can easily be fixed with a bit of TLC. Overall, I would recommend these shoes to people, but be cautious to not over wear them as it will wear the inner soul out - as do all shoes if overworn. Be cautious when washing too - probably do not wash on a high temperature.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 October 2017
Very ggod build, a combination of rubbered fabric and suede. It also fits the unfortunate that have wide feet, for which the shoe industry has little consideration. An emerging supplier who is really dedicated to meet the needs of many. Exceptionally good quality product at an affordable price.
on 25 December 2015
Although my son is delighted with this purchase, I was not happy to find a very old dirty inner sole inside. It's a shame I bought early for Christmas and didn't look inside first. Not a great start for me.
5 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2015
I bought another pair of Vans recently albeit a different model. Both are size 11. The other pair fit me fine whilst these are almost one full size too big. I expect slight size differences between different brands and even between different models within the same brand, but to have such a huge difference within one brand's shoes is ridiculous. Someone at Vans needs to start measuring properly.
on 23 March 2018
Absolutely love these shoes. They look and feel amazing. However, a slight warning, break them in slowly. I (stupidly) decided to break them in on the day I had a 13 hour work shift and as someone who hasn't worn hightops for a whole, my Achilles is battered and swollen. But other than my stupidity I would highly recommend these shoes (:
on 8 November 2011
I bought these for my 16 year old who skates back and forth to college each day (about a mile). Previous purchase of Nike 'crepes' lasted all of 10 days before he wore a huge hole in the bottom by braking with his toes! I also paid 38 euros in August in Spain for 'skater' boots and these too have the same hole in the sole, except they lasted at least a couple of months! These Vans were bought to see if any shoes could outlast his previous record! I have to say that they are holding up well due to the extra thick rubber sole and he is very pleased. I am not sure if they will keep out water being canvas and suede but at least I am not wasting money on other 'named' brands. These look very smart and the sizing was spot on as the half-sizes make all the difference. Theses were supplied very quickly and I am very happy with the price and the product.
on 3 February 2018
Not had any Vans for years... why .. getting old .. but went for them and what a good move, they are way better than Converse ,comfortable roomy very well made and really good looking